• The KillerFrogs

Dirk haters

joejordan

Definitely in the same 'class' pf bb players.

"In particular Rick Pitino and Don Nelson, head coaches of the Boston Celtics and Dallas Mavericks respectively, were highly interested in acquiring him. After a 45-minute private workout with Pitino, where Nowitzki showcased his versatile shooting, rebounding and passing skills, the Boston coach immediately compared him to Celtics legend Larry Bird; Pitino assured Nowitzki that he would draft him with the Celtics' first-round draft pick at number ten."

from an unnamed but oft-utilized online research tool.

SnoopFrogs11

They are different players in different eras people and very similar in talent and how they play the game. I think Dirk could be in Bird's as comparable player but I still don't think he's better than Dirk. Dirk's career is not even over.

TCURiggs

We should re-visit the whole "Dirk isn't a closer" deal. I mean, the evidence just keeps piling up...Lebron and Wade throw up bricks, but Dirk went ahead and scored the last 9 to win the game. He's not a superstar though.

frogtwang

We should re-visit the whole "Dirk isn't a closer" deal. I mean, the evidence just keeps piling up...Lebron and Wade throw up bricks, but Dirk went ahead and scored the last 9 to win the game. He's not a superstar though.

But he's sof....
laugh.gif
Couldn't finish it, was laughing.

DIRK!!

cdsfrog

Clutch performances - 5 minutes, 5-point difference...

LeBron: 0 points on 0-7 shooting, 0 rebounds, 2 assists, -13
Wade: 13 points on 5-8 shooting, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, -13
Dirk: 26 points on 8-12 shooting, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, +15

2themax

Let me give congrats to the Mavs and all of their fans on their championship season. They played with true grit. Dirk had a really good offensive Finals. Again congrats & everything said was all in fun and only opinions.

TCURiggs

Let me give congrats to the Mavs and all of their fans on their championship season. They played with true grit. Dirk had a really good offensive Finals. Again congrats & everything said was all in fun and only opinions.

Thanks. Good for you for coming back to this thread. You still didn't admit how wrong your opinion about Dirk was though. He just outplayed two of your "superstars" and got himself a ring...I hope you've seen the light.

Side note - Your "good offensive Finals" backhand compliment is noted. But, who was responsible for the last Heat turnover with a great steal under the Heat basket? Finals MVP, Dirk.

TheSheik

Good to see you come back after being as wrong as humanly possible

TheSheik

Thanks. Good for you for coming back to this thread. You still didn't admit how wrong your opinion about Dirk was though. He just outplayed two of your "superstars" and got himself a ring...I hope you've seen the light.

Side note - Your "good offensive Finals" backhand compliment is noted. But, who was responsible for the last Heat turnover with a great steal under the Heat basket? Finals MVP, Dirk.

Good to see 2themin finally come out of his shell and give dirk the credit he desreves. I still think 2themin is a [Rod Gilmore] who hasnt been seen until dirk destroyed his boys....gimme that cheek beaaaaaaaaach :-*

OmniscienceFrog

How's the crawfishing these days?

I just love how it was "all in fun" once the light shines brightly on a massive curt.

Latest posts