• The KillerFrogs

Did we give our receivers a chance to compete?

Mike Brooks

Jake102 said:

On TV you can't tell if Listenbee is wide open, or if his defender immediately ran towards the ball once it was in air. Pachall was throwing to BCarter regardless of coverage. And if there wasn't an INT, it would have been 1st and 20 on the holding call. turrible play
Good point. That was the "Rattled play". I remember saying "Hold on Aviant. Just throw it away". Brutal.

bcsbuster

Our tight ends had their large contributions from last year extend into this year. One catch for 7 yards. On par to beat last years statistics.

neutral observer

ms19 said:
Route running needs to improve....create separation.
Amen to that! It is difficult to complete passes where there is only a tiny window of opportunity. Also, the line must give the QBs some additional time.

Perhaps we need to run the ball to open the pass up, instead of vice versa.

tcudoc

bcsbuster said:
Our tight ends had their large contributions from last year extend into this year. One catch for 7 yards. On par to beat last years statistics.
At TCU, that is considered a danged flurry of activity at the TE position.  Despite the loss, he must be bouncing off the ceiling with excitement.

cdsfrog

We gave them too many opportunities and they were horrible. F as a unit.

Needed BC to step up and he did the opposite

ms19

WR...better releases, more separation (too much rounding routes)...which doesn't work vs quality defensive backs.  Also makes it hard for QB to anticipate making the throw.  The talent is there...this game will help us in the near future. 

SwissArmyFrog

I didn't notice when watching the game - did our TEs stay in to help block LSU linemen?  Did they run routes?  Were they on the field much?

I thought Stephen Bryant was said to be a stud.  Did he (or any of the other TEs) make a significant contribution?  Certainly not in the passing game, but I never noticed or heard about them as extra blockers (which I could have missed, obviously).

SuperToad

SwissArmyFrog said:
I didn't notice when watching the game - did our TEs stay in to help block LSU linemen?  Did they run routes?  Were they on the field much?

I thought Stephen Bryant was said to be a stud.  Did he (or any of the other TEs) make a significant contribution?  Certainly not in the passing game, but I never noticed or heard about them as extra blockers (which I could have missed, obviously).
Gilbert had a couple catches, and Bryant had a key block on Waymon's TD run.

My Buddy Steve

4th. down said:
LSU schooled us, players and coaches. We tried to get ready for them but they were way to good for us. Yet, with 6 minutes left we are only down 3 to these Monsters. Shows the fight we have and Boykin, James and the Cat. go to the top of that list.
Nobody is doubting Boykin's desire to compete or his toughness. Damn. But this short route business needs to be to be limited. I don't care who is in at qb as long as they can stretch the field. Who gives us a better option here for that?

JugbandFrog

4th. down said:
LSU schooled us, players and coaches. We tried to get ready for them but they were way to good for us. Yet, with 6 minutes left we are only down 3 to these Monsters. Shows the fight we have and Boykin, James and the Cat. go to the top of that list.
I think LHCGP is gonna use this game for A LONG TIME as the measuring stick for where our players and staff need to be.  

arlington

The receivers were awful saturday night.Not only the drops but the inability to beat press coverage without running into each others routes were ridiculous..Easily the worst group coming out of saturdays game