• The KillerFrogs

Did coach get into it with an Idaho reporter?

Horny4TCU

Maybe this is why Peterson is always so prepared for other teams... He hires the media to go and get film form the practices...? I don't know why TCU doesn't have closed practices and at critical times have practice in the new indoor field with no press allowed? If we did that, this wouldn't be an issue!

HFrog1999

Maybe this is why Peterson is always so prepared for other teams... He hires the media to go and get film form the practices...? I don't know why TCU doesn't have closed practices and at critical times have practice in the new indoor field with no press allowed? If we did that, this wouldn't be an issue!

Very_Interesting.jpg

peacock

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/25343685

I haven't heard the conference call, but bottom line CGP should not be doing this.....CGP comes off paranoid,unprofessional, and a very sore loser......however there is a silver lining, that behavior will turn off big time programs who might want to hire him, so he stays here longer!

pastorfrog

Its cause he is paranoid.

I have always loved that CGP is a bit off center. That is clear to anyone who spends five minutes around him within 36 hours of game day. (Anyone remember the press conference after the Tech game in 06? That is the stuff legends are made of.)

I trust that this spat is what he needed to say at this time. It might be true. It might be truish. It might be a story that grew a little hair over time. But CGP is a top ten coach. If he thinks this will get us to the top two then go for it.

And am I the only one who thinks he could win at a coaches UCF night? Him and Mack in the steel cage would be awesome.

Horny4TCU

Its cause he is paranoid.

I have always loved that CGP is a bit off center. That is clear to anyone who spends five minutes around him within 36 hours of game day. (Anyone remember the press conference after the Tech game in 06? That is the stuff legends are made of.)

I trust that this spat is what he needed to say at this time. It might be true. It might be trueist. It might be a story that grew a little hair over time. But CGP is a top ten coach. If he think this will get us to the top two then go for it.

And am I the only one who thinks he could win at a coaches UCF night? Him and Mack in the steel cage would be awesome.

Mack has nothing on Patterson! I'd put my house and kids college fund on that one! (That is if I had either)

Mike Brooks

All great coaches are paranoid. ACrooFrog stole my thunder. I love it and I love me some CGP. I hope he never asks me to charge a machine gun nest because I would have to.

joefrog91

The one and only time I ever spoke to Coach Patterson, I made the mistake of calling the 8-5 year and down year. He said, "I guess that's where we're at as a program when fans call 8-5 a down year." I felt like a giant [ Finebaum ]. I didn't know what to say other than I wished for the Frogs continued success and crawled away.

He knows how to say something to you without really saying it.

pcf

I'd be paranoid too, when the practice field is over looked by random apartments and any one walking by on Stadium drive....

When I was a kid, I would have shot at them with BB guns. Now that I'm an adult, I can't find my BB guns.

Some of the things I did back then would have people calling in about terrorists now.

Goo

HCGP takes this really seriously. With the amount of time, blood, sweat, tears invested....I don't blame him. Every time I have been to practice, I had to sign in and then right when we got there HCGP always came over to chat for just a second making sure who was watching his team, schemes, etc.

FrogFrog

It may be a reaction to the realization that a) we should have won last year and b) not winning may cost us a chance at the NCG.

TCU may be a second, a foot, and a fake punt away from playing in 2 NCGs. Ugh.

dweller

Back before TCU played Baylor this year TCU GP closed practices. The local paper printed a story telling TCU fans not to blame the The Star Telegram for lack of TCU coverage over the next couple of weeks because Coach Patterson had closed practices. At the Patterson Luncheon, GP referenced the story in the ST, and said that he had closed practice because in the weeks leading up the Feista Bowl,which were open practices, a reporter from Idaho had recorded some of the practices and shared it Boise State. He said it was easier for for Baylor or SMU supporters to do that, because of proximaty, and so he was closing practices. That is where this report came from. Had nothing to do with lobbying the BCS. It was posted on Killer Frogs at that time.

pastorfrog

Back before TCU played Baylor this year TCU GP closed practices. The local paper printed a story telling TCU fans not to blame the The Star Telegram for lack of TCU coverage over the next couple of weeks because Coach Patterson had closed practices. At the Patterson Luncheon, GP referenced the story in the ST, and said that he had closed practice because in the weeks leading up the Feista Bowl,which were open practices, a reporter from Idaho had recorded some of the practices and shared it Boise State. He said it was easier for for Baylor or SMU supporters to do that, because of proximaty, and so he was closing practices. That is where this report came from. Had nothing to do with lobbying the BCS. It was posted on Killer Frogs at that time.

I do not doubt it happened. I do not doubt LCGP will get the most bang for his buck out of this.

OmniscienceFrog

The one and only time I ever spoke to Coach Patterson, I made the mistake of calling the 8-5 year and down year. He said, "I guess that's where we're at as a program when fans call 8-5 a down year." I felt like a giant [ Finebaum ]. I didn't know what to say other than I wished for the Frogs continued success and crawled away.

He knows how to say something to you without really saying it.

Sounds to me like he took it as a compliment.

Cougar/Frog

While media in the pressbox are not supposed to be opening rooting for their team, the Boise media were in their Bronco gear yelling and supporting their team, with gusto. The Boise media are an extension of the football program.....

VictoryLap

Interesting...alot of the 'partying hard in Phoenix' rhetoric that flowed around here involved DW...and do you know who was the very last Horned Frog off the field after the Fiesta Bowl?

Daryl Washington.

Come to think of it, he still is on that field.

Latest posts