• The KillerFrogs

DFW Watch Parties

Boomhauer

Nope. If you like craft beer and skinny jeans you will like City Works, Tom.

giphy.gif

ftwfrog

Fort Worth watch parties are at City Works. Not a fan. I like to drink beer during football games. Real beer. Like Miller Lite. They do not serve any beers in a bottle. Everything is on draft. Mainly craft. No Miller Lite. I'm out.
Liked only because City Works is like many of these spots that have a decent idea, but have no clue how to pull it off.

City works has a decent vibe & good beer list but they do nothing great. Only been twice but they are 0-2 for a good time. Do something great and stick to it. Like somebody said above, Buff Bros, You do beer, pizza and wings great. Fred’s, you do burgers & beer great.

And I’m pretty sure 90% of bar/restaurant in Fort Worth has light beer.

Purp

High water skinny jeans are acceptable only if you’re in really good shape and requires some amount of [ profanity ] factor unless you’re a Euro/South American/soccer player and then it’s just normal. If you don’t know what dad jeans are you’re probably wearing them. :)
I don't know what dad jeans are either. But I don't think I wear them.

Horned Toad

Fort Worth watch parties are at City Works. Not a fan. I like to drink beer during football games. Real beer. Like Miller Lite. They do not serve any beers in a bottle. Everything is on draft. Mainly craft. No Miller Lite. I'm out.
City Works sells Miller Lite on draft, Bud Light, Coors Light, Mich Ultra, Stella and Dos Equis too. It’s one of my favorite places to watch a sporting event. Now I drink a real beer like Velvet Hammer or 100 Million Angels Singing but to each his own. If you like beer you have to work hard to not like this place. They have a full bar and wine as well.

Food’s decent. I often eat somewhere else in Clearfork for date night to keep the wife happy and then she’s willing to stop in for a night cap. She actually likes the place nearly as much as I do. We will get some different beers and split them with each other. They do have a great grilled chicken sandwich and a really good Carolina Fried Chicken sandwich and the burgers are decent. They wall of TVs is neat and they occasionally have a DJ for the big sporting events that spins some tunes during commercial breaks.

Opintel

Moderators
L.L. Bean makes very good jeans, probably have a style you'd like. The change pocket is fairly large and works a a suitable holster for compact pistols. Perfect fit for my G43; cross draw because I'm a lefty.

Never in a bar, however.

Paint It Purple

I like some craft beers, generally dislike major American brands. Love ales, but no no to flavored ones. A real ale in a cask, instead of that fizzy soda-pop beer. And I am 71, don't wear anything tight (unless I have gained too much weight). Actually I prefer liquor, can't take even the mild fizz in a good ale anymore. Like French wines (esp Burgundy) and cheeses. Don't like the French especially since I worked with them on a daily basis for years and their reputation is well deserved.

And in case you are wondering: Born and lived most of my life in Texas, too. Two degrees from TCU.
Heard a blackwater operator interview a few weeks back. Guy was asked about his extensive dealings with people and cultures from around the world. He had nary a negative word for any group. Only when pressed hard to name someone he found distasteful to work with did he name the “French.”

frogs9497

I have yet to attend an enjoyable game watching event sponsored by the Alumni Assoc. Not necessarily the fault of the Assoc, but service has been poor and TV situation less than ideal. During one last year, two older alums (prob early 60s) came nose-to-nose and fists almost flew. It was bizarre. Curious as to their screen names.

Tom Brown

L.L. Bean makes very good jeans, probably have a style you'd like. The change pocket is fairly large and works a a suitable holster for compact pistols. Perfect fit for my G43; cross draw because I'm a lefty.

Never in a bar, however.

Pics or it didn't happen

Strat Frog

Other things ‘liked’ by the non-craft, Miller Lite team: Folgers Coffee, flat tops, Laverne-not-Shirley, Sears catalogs, whole milk, electric blankets, rotary phones, Pong, dirt, Bic razors, crawl spaces, JC Penney, sweeping the leg, and leopard-skin pill box hats....

Pharm Frog

Never in a bar, however.

Might work for Mrs Pharm’s new Sig P365...just bought today. No chance at holding my 320 though. Daughter loves the G26 and shoots it remarkably well. Might fit that one. We had a great time shooting last Friday at Defender on Schott’s. Daughter >>> Mrs Pharm. Mrs Pharm and I got our LTC in the mail on Saturday. Could not believe how quickly she was able to get her 365 this morning because of the license.

Latest posts