• The KillerFrogs

Dez Bryant

West Coast Johnny

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6269847&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Dez Bryant faces second lawsuit

One day after a civil lawsuit was filed against Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant saying he owed $246,000 worth of jewelry to a New York-based company, another civil lawsuit has emerged against him and his adviser David Wells.

Eleow Hunt, a Colleyville, Texas, jeweler and ticket broker, said Bryant hasn't paid for jewelry and tickets to sporting events or repaid personal loans that collectively total in excess of $600,000, according to a court filing from Tarrant County.

The lawsuit says that Bryant, who was about to become a junior at Oklahoma State when the spending spree allegedly began, was supposed to repay Hunt when he signed either an NFL or promotional contract, whichever came first. Bryant received the items during an 11-month period starting in June 2009.

angelo's frog

Jerry can sure pick 'em can't he. Dez has incredible talent but unless he develops some common sense in the next few years he is destined for failure in my opinion.

ShivasFrog

Same financial planning story, different signing bonus. Over-under on how long Dez's money lasts after football.....15 minutes.

Yeah NCAA is gonna bust them on this. Only THE OSU gets away with violations such as this. You know about TP driving around in new cars that are not his, tattoos, etc.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Who cares? If he can play, let him play. He ain't hurting nobody. The lawyers will bleed him dry on the one deal. Everything else is harmless. Let him play ball. He isn't a nucular scientist or anything. Anyone who expects anything better from him is a dumbazz.

cdsfrog

Sucks, alot of this is his fault for sure. ALOT of it, but it sucks that no one was there for him when he grew up. And to be frank I think his "mentor" does more harm than good

Stiff Arm Frog

I know it's wrong to laugh at other people's misery, but when it's self-inflicted and this outrageous. . .
biggrin.gif

AggieAngst

Dont know if any of you are aware of it or not but the rumor is that SANDERS is near insolvency (as is Bryant apparently). Bryant has a huge income stream, though compared to Sanders.

Sanders house is on the market now and he is rumored to be "bleeding" (financially).

It appears to me that Dion never really intended to be a "mentor" to Bryant.

Dions association with Bryant is rumored to be all about $ and what Bryant could have done for Sanders (Sanders has some kind of endorsement deal with - I think - UNDER ARMOUR).

The word on the street is that they had a falling out when Sanders discovered that Bryant wasnt going to play ball and help Sanders produce the dinero Dion was expecting.

Personally, I would trust Dion Sanders to be my freind about as far as I could throw him, while holding firmly onto my wallet the whole time.

In fact if Dion wanted to be my friend I would be insulted just at the thought, and I would wonder what horrible thing I had done to deserve his attention.

The Bryant Sanders fued is all about the Benjamins !!

RaiderHater

I was watching the news on channel 8 (WFAA), also his landlord is suing him because he is never finished paying his rent when he left OSU. Here's the link: Bryant accused of not paying rent in Stillwater.

I think when he got to the NFL he thought he would have this immense plethora of wealth. But he has a $12M, 5 year contract. Yeah that's alot money for anyone, but it's not like he's Tiger Woods rich. I don't feel bad for him on bit, he should face the stiffest penalties possible for these debts..

West Coast Johnny

He's not the smartes guy in the world, but on the possitive side, he has done a lot for his local community and Desoto high school. Hopefully Cameron White & Porter can learn alot from Dez, both the good and the bad.