• The KillerFrogs

Deseret News: Utah State shakes off surprise at No. 8 seed, prepares for NCAA Tournament matchup vs. TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Utah State shakes off surprise at No. 8 seed, prepares for NCAA Tournament matchup vs. TCU​

Story by Jeff Hunter

BB1k3SPm.img

Darius Brown II was careful to clarify his feelings about the Aggies being tabbed as a No. 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament Sunday afternoon.

“I wouldn’t say disappointed. More like surprised,” USU’s graduate point guard stated minutes after it was revealed that Utah State (27-7) will be playing TCU (21-12) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

The Aggies and Horned Frogs are slated to tipoff at 7:55 p.m. MDT on TBS.

“I mean, I’m glad we’re in; there’s worse positions to be in,” Brown continued. “But I have to say it’s more surprising that disappointing. I’m like everybody else who was expecting something lower, like a 6 or 7, especially with San Diego State being a 5. But I wouldn’t say it’s disappointing. The committee is going to do what the committee does.”

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...or-ncaa-tournament-matchup-vs-tcu/ar-BB1k3yAG