• The KillerFrogs

Derius Davis 23.47mph

Peacefrog

Degenerate
DD needs an 80s style poster. In fact, most of the team does.
herschel-walker.jpg
012512_SI_Full10.jpg
573598.jpg
bermuda-triangl.jpg
Curt Warner looked so much different when he was QB of the Rams and Cardinals.

Eight

All kidding aside, I seriously hope that after that display of absurd talent, Riley & Meach are working hard to feature DD prominently in the offense. A little national-level marketing of a special talent like that could do wonders for eyeballs and recruiting. Seems like Okie Lite got a bounce in attention when they had Tyreek Hill.

At the same time, we have so many incredible weapons on offense, that we obviously need to spread it around to give everyone a chance. I guess the only fair thing to do is to score about 60 points a game to give everyone their due. Now, 60 is an arbitrary number, and there are bound to be "off" weeks, so probably should start out this week with around 75 or so to take the pressure off.

if they are going to feature anyone in this offense the list starts and ends with quentin

HornyWartyToad

if they are going to feature anyone in this offense the list starts and ends with quentin
Disagree. That's like if the Chiefs had said, Tyreek have a seat, we have Sammy Watkins. I love QJ, I think he has All-Pro written all over him, I've been on him since the first catch he made vs UT as a freshman and been screaming for them to get him the ball. . . And still feel that way. And so it feels ridiculous to say someone else should be the focus. But the downside to QJ is, your QB has to be able to consistently throw an accurate deep ball, which requires your O-line to consistently pass-protect well, to feed into his greatest strength. And I don't believe we have shown the ability to do either of those things.
DD appears to have possibly even greater game-breaking potential, because you can use a smaller guy with that kind of blazing speed in so many different ways. As we all saw, you don't even need to throw it to him for him to be able to do something great. And when he does crazy [ Finebaum ] like he did last week, it brings eyeballs, it gets you ranked higher, and obtw, draws defensive attention away from QJ so that he can make the kind of ridiculous YAC plays more easily in the deep middle of the field that we've seen from him before. I've said this before but it bears repeating: It's almost embarrassing how much offensive skill talent we have. I'd say more than maybe we've ever had in the modern era in terms of the running back, TE, and WR positions, especially when you factor in depth. But if DD can do on a consistent basis what he did last week, he's the guy who can unlock it all for the rest of them.

Limp Lizard

QJ did have a couple of drops against Smew, too. I'm sure he will correct that, we are only three games in so far, with a new coaching staff and new system.

One thing that the Tarleton QB was on his deep sideline fades, the ball stayed in bounds. I got the feeling if both the DB and WR fell down the ball would hit anywhere from one yard in bounds to on the line.

I will say in just 3 games I think Duggan has thrown more good passes that he normally throws in a season. Hopefully that continues. The O-Line just needs to clean up their pass blocking.