• The KillerFrogs

Dennis Evans to Minnesota

froginmn

As long as they don't offer any cream cheese on the bagels
Maybe they quickly changed the rules about tampering?

Once I Sign an NLI, may Other Institutions Recruit me?

No. Once you sign with a D-I or D-II school, all other institutions have to cease contact with you and your family members. Accordingly, you should notify any coach that you’re signed and officially committed. Any contact outside of a greeting or small talk is against the recruiting ban. Even if the conversation has nothing to do with recruiting, it is still a violation. The conversation does not have to result in recruiting discussion for a recruiting ban violation to occur.

No. Once you sign with a D-I or D-II school, all other institutions have to cease contact with you and your family members. Accordingly, you should notify any coach that you’re signed and officially committed. Any contact outside of a greeting or small talk is against the recruiting ban. Even if the conversation has nothing to do with recruiting, it is still a violation. The conversation does not have to result in recruiting discussion for a recruiting ban violation to occur.

I know nothing about these rules and the protocol, but for review—

Louisville was placed on 2 years probation last November for minor recruiting violations, so you would think they would be on top of things and not take any chances, but—

Trevor Andershock is the 247 Indiana beat reporter who gave a Crystal Ball prediction of Evans to Louisville on the same day (Nov. 24) that the news broke of Evans requesting release from his NLI. I read Minnesota would release him early this week.

If TCU did make contact with Evans, as Tobias Bass of The Athletic reports, via Evans, in the above tweet, then hopefully it was only after Minnesota confirmed to TCU that they would be releasing Evans this week, which yes, might still be technically illegal. But Louisville….

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Yea I have no idea what the rules actually are on this stuff. More importantly I have no idea which rules actually get enforced which is the only thing that matters because we all know there are plenty of clear violations that the NCAA seems to not care about pursuing at all.

Eight

Yea I have no idea what the rules actually are on this stuff. More importantly I have no idea which rules actually get enforced which is the only thing that matters because we all know there are plenty of clear violations that the NCAA seems to not care about pursuing at all.

what he said......wait, my bad for presuming gender, what they said

Purp

The other important factor here is to which institution they choose to apply which rules. Boise, for example, is subject to some rules that others are not. It's not known yet whether or not TCU is on the same list as Boise. It's one of those fine print bylaws somewhere.

Last Friday, 2023 five-star big man
Dennis Evans announced that he was requesting out of his National Letter of Intent with Minnesota.

Sources close to the 7-foot-1 prospect tell Rivals that he’s been granted his release since then. Those same sources tell Rivals that Missouri, Louisville and TCU are in heavy pursuit of the talented big man and that the Horned Frogs are making the hardest push thus far.

National Basketball Director for 247Sports reporting that TCU basketball is visiting Dennis Evans at home in California today, Sunday, and Evans is going to Louisville for an official visit next weekend. He officially visited TCU on September 10 before committing to Minnesota on October 17 and then decommitting on February 24.

Maybe TCU can convince him Fort Worth is the place to be and he will cancel that Louisville trip. But, Louisville is about basketball and may have a good NIL program.

Last edited:

Frog DJ

I spent one absolutely miserable winter in the Republic of Korea when I was in the Army, and I saw more snow and ice in that time than I’ve seen during the rest of my life combined.

I swore to myself that I would never live north of the Mason-Dixon Line for the remainder of my days, and I turned down some great jobs offers up north in order to keep that promise.

This ol’ Texas boy ain’t never seen nothin’ like that before!

Go Frogs!

CountryFrog

Louisville is horrible. Not sure why he would go there. They're having a horrible season. Louisville is 4-27.
You almost have to be trying to lose to be 4-27. You're losing to lots and lots of crap teams OOC and the ACC isn't exactly full of powerful teams this year either. Here are some of the teams they've lost to:

Bellarmine
Wright St
Appalachian St
Lipscomb

They also lost to Texas Tech by 32 and Pitt by 34.

y2kFrog

You almost have to be trying to lose to be 4-27. You're losing to lots and lots of crap teams OOC and the ACC isn't exactly full of powerful teams this year either. Here are some of the teams they've lost to:

Bellarmine
Wright St
Appalachian St
Lipscomb

They also lost to Texas Tech by 32 and Pitt by 34.

They’re going to be shocked to learn they are not getting the number one pick.