• The KillerFrogs

Defensive line

PO Frog

I commented in the game thread but I think it’s worth noting that the defensive line looked completely different tonight than what we’ve seen all season. Outstanding. Front 6 was altogether improved. What in the hell has Gary been trying to accomplish and what was different tonight? I am certain I saw less stunting but it looked like an entirely new team and philosophy out there. That was a top 10 rushing team we played and we held our own up front.

Makes GP look much worse in retrospect.

Toad Jones

A couple things from my book of notes.
What did TCU have to lose?. Nothing really. Energy level grew as the game went on and so did the confidence level.
When BU scored in three plays, our guys said, here we go again. They were down emotionally and think they were embarrassed.
Next came the touchdown by the Frogs and all of a sudden they thought maybe WE CAN play with these guys. TCU stopped them with defense again---- again and you could feel and see the confidence grow. Barber was on fire today and so was Davis, then you have what I think may be a gem, Morris! It's been awhile since I've seen a ball leave a QB hands this fast but saW IT IN SPADES today. That young Morris is impressive and tough. Gosh almighty, why,why hasn't he played more???...!@!! Personal opinion, he's a better QB than Duggan! So getting back to the Frogs, we actually had Baylor on its heels with those passes and our runs came when needed but Baylor didn't react well. Midway in the fourth, I told my wife, there's no turning back now, TCU has this game if they quit with the penalty carnival. So.. what happens.

It was a very good effort today, these KIDS HAD FUN TODAY. Shall I repeat that because I will happily.
I don't like saying this, but Gary Patterson took a blow to his ego today. BIG TIME. With the right coach who can be on the same level with these kids and get those kids to play for you, well folks TCU has a football team that can win some games.

Kudos to Jerry Kill, it seemed to me they were a bit more focused and organized today, at least I thought so.

BTW: I actually saw women jumping up and down as we left the stadium with joy. Boy haven't seen that in a LONG time.

Gary Patterson had to go, I saw it and felt it today

Last edited:

Sebastian S

Can Gary Patterson retire every week?

Jokes aside, we need someone that can bring out this kind of emotion and excitement out of the kids.

We need someone that will let these players let loose on the field and have fun but still be strict with them off the field.

Same goes with the coordinators, let them do what you hired them to do.

Patterson had fear instilled on his players and coaches. No matter how nice he was off the field, he was feared on the field.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Nobody is saying this (Hire Coach Kill) and keep this staff in place or most of it.
That's because everybody is still processing the events of last week and yesterday. There really was no thought that the Frogs would win yesterday, maybe they'd keep up for a little while, but...

Now there is a huge new factor in the calculus.