• The KillerFrogs

Defense

Endless Purple

I love all the extremist takes based on one game against a team that we had NO FILM on to really judge how they would play on offense (all new staff AND all new players). Huge benefit for an offense. Not to mention, they were fired up to play.

We lost because the defense could have been a little better, we threw two picks on the goal line, and we went 75% pass on the last drive, when we could run the ball. No one element to blame.

Chongo94

I love all the extremist takes based on one game against a team that we had NO FILM on to really judge how they would play on offense (all new staff AND all new players). Huge benefit for an offense. Not to mention, they were fired up to play.

We lost because the defense could have been a little better, we threw two picks on the goal line, and we went 75% pass on the last drive, when we could run the ball. No one element to blame.
The defense could have been A LOT better.

Horny4TCU

It's gonna be a long season fellers. The defense is just coming out flat and afraid to hit anyone. The second string did great in the 4th quarter. I would make the first string run bleachers and put the second string in until the starters earn it and light a fire under their arses.

*edit - this is why I don't coach or make money at it*

Limey Frog

First page of this thread didn't age especially well. I felt the same way mid-way through Colorado's second quarter, but that's why you don't publish first half hot takes. I think two weeks in Colorado is looking like a legit contender in the Pac, albeit one whose depth will likely keep them around upper mid-tier in the end. TCU's defensive front may be a problem--it certainly won't be a strength of this team, but I don't think the takeaway from Colorado-Nebraska yesterday is that TCU sucks.

An-Cap Frog

There is something that I cannot stand/figure out with the new defense. Maybe it's just me but I feel like in passing situations that out Lbers are just standing there. Not rushing, not defending. I feel like there is less pattern matching with this D and more zone. Can anyone back me up?

Stopit

Before Nicholls State, TCU lost three of the last four games we played. The defense gave up a total of 186 points in the last four games before Nicholls State.
There is obviously a problem with this defense.
It doesn’t work.

NewFrogFan

There is something that I cannot stand/figure out with the new defense. Maybe it's just me but I feel like in passing situations that out Lbers are just standing there. Not rushing, not defending. I feel like there is less pattern matching with this D and more zone. Can anyone back me up?
Except when they put Banks and Brooks in together!

Sangria Wine

They were literally point shaving.
Don’t let trivial details like that get in the way. [ What the heck? ] is wrong with you?

Last edited:

y2kFrog

My bad. 36-14 with the last touchdown scored against the backups with no time left. There’s still room on the Coach Prime bandwagon. I’ve been here since we didn’t hire the guy…

Don’t let trivial details like that get in the way. [ What the heck? ] is wrong with you?
They bet the under on their own games. They’re lucky to get a slap on the wrist.