• The KillerFrogs

Debunking "weak schedule" argument

Goo

I hate this type of argument and it shows no research. Anyone can just spout out TCU has "weak schdule." Reality is TCU plays #9 Utah, #22 Oregon St, and Air Force (ranked last week).
In fact, if Air Force finishes the season ranked, the MWC will have more ranked teams than Big12 (percentage, since MWC has 3 less teams).

Another thing that bugs me about schedule smack is that TCU/Boise have no choice. This is the conference we are in and if a BCS conferece invited TCU/Boise would switch immediately. So TCU/Boise have to go on the road with non-conference games AT OU, AT Clemson, AT Oregon, AT VaTech, AT Texas, etc, etc.

Lastly, it may surprise people who don't follow football closely that Wyoming is a better team than Tennessee. Or that Baylor is better than Cincinnati. I think alot of fans and even "analysts" are quick to see a schedule with Cinicinatti & Tennessee and assume that is better than Baylor & Wyoming. I know Craig James was touting "OU's tough non-conference against Cincinatti" last night.

Which of these teams should be ranked higher?

Team #1:
Wins: Oregon St, TennTech, Baylor, SMU, CSU, Wyoming, BYU
• #1 Defense in Nation (only allowing 9 ppg)
• #5 Offense in Nation
• Using Sagarin Rankings, the wins are against #18, #191, #34, #57, #106, #82, #66 ranked teams (Average Ranking = #79)

Team #2:
Wins : vs. Utah St, Florida St, Air Force, Cincinnati, Texas, Iowa St

• #28 Defense in Nation (giving up more than 19 ppg)
• #17 Offense in Nation
• Air Force was driving for win, when fumbled and lost to this team 27-24
• In its only road game of the year beat Cincy by 3 pts
• Using Sagarin Rankings, the wins are against #101, #9, #30, #44, #26, and #55 ranked teams (Average Ranking = #44)

Team #3:
Wins : vs. New Mexico, Tennessee, Portland St, Arizona St, Stanford, Washington St

• #17 Defense in Nation
• #1 Offense in Nation (skewed stat since ran up score 72-0 against New Mexico)
• Beat WashSt last weekend by 6 more pt's than SMU beat WashSt
• Lost 19-8 to Boise last year
• Using Sagarin Rankings, the wins are against #195, #86, #119, #19, #2, and #87 ranked teams (Average Ranking = #73)

Summary:
• Everyone who assumes BCS conference has tougher schedule than TCU hasn't looked at their opponents.
• TCU still has games against Air Force and goes to #9 Utah....although on Saturday Mark May did say "TCU has no challenging games left this year."
• If you don't know who these teams are by now, you don't follow football close enough. They are #5 TCU, #1 OU, and #2 Oregon

njustus7

What made me laugh even more was when they had Baylor listed as one of OU's key remaining games. That's the same "tamato can" Baylor that we're given no credit for beating, or even recognized as having played by some analysts.

Goo

Mark May even said "Nebraska has quality conference opponents like Baylor, unlike Boise/TCU."

When in fact, Nebraska doesn't even play Baylor this year.

Not to mention, TCU does play Baylor and won 5 TD's.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Mark May is a BCS straw man. Anytime anyone cites him all you have to do is say I award you know points and may God have mercy on your soul.