• The KillerFrogs

DC Joe Gillespie let go

PurpleBlood87

Dykes seems more interested in protecting coaches than improving and fielding the best staff and team. Telling the new DC three key position coaches from a regressing unit will remain, taking several weeks to announce the coordinator's dismissal ...
Sheesh, look at the last head coach for protecting staff. He was the poster child for that.

Possibly, Dykes was trying to have a new DC lined up before he let go of Gillespie.

Endless Purple

Any idea why Avalos was let go midseason from Boise? It appeared he was having success. He was the MWC Coach of the Year in 2022.
From what I saw, he was not winning enough. A .750 conference record did not meet the Harsin standard of over .800 that was expected of him.

To add: Apparently Boise has a very high level of expectations. Good luck with their next hire.

Putt4Purple

Any idea why Avalos was let go midseason from Boise? It appeared he was having success. He was the MWC Coach of the Year in 2022.
From what I have read he had a winning record his first two years. Not achieving national powerhouse recognition with the average record this year is what BS deemed as unacceptable. They’ve had more and wanted more than average.
I personally think we got a good one but how long he stays is another question. He is from the great Northwest. We will likely want to go back eventually.
Go Frogs!

ShreveFrog

Avalos is originally from Corona in Riverside County, CA, east of LA, but played at Boise State, then coached at Colorado, then back to Boise where he rose to DC, went on to become DC at Oregon, before coming back to Boise as HC.
If he's only at TCU for a couple of years, hopefully that means he was a big success in turning around our defense.

Frog-in-law1995

From what I have read he had a winning record his first two years. Not achieving national powerhouse recognition with the average record this year is what BS deemed as unacceptable. They’ve had more and wanted more than average.
I personally think we got a good one but how long he stays is another question. He is from the great Northwest. We will likely want to go back eventually.
Go Frogs!
He’s from Southern California.