• The KillerFrogs

DBU losing to CAL 5-2 in the 5th

AEAfrog

Cal's baseball program was nearly cut this year. That's the justification I'm using to cheer on the Golden Bears.

PurpleBlood87

Texas sure got the benefit of a crappy call tonight. Almost seemed from the calls against ASU in the last two games there was a conspiracy to keep ASU out of the CWS.

Who calls batter's interference on a walk? Seriously. And Saturday night it was clear the ASU first baseman tagged the runner on the helmet. Awful umpiring. Just awful and at least the announcers called them out for it.

PurpleBlood87

These announcers on ESPNU are idiots. DBU is down 6-2 with out out. And he said "DBU has a math problem, they need to send seven hitters to the plate to keep the season alive."

Ahh it's four runs. All they would need is four batters. Stupid. Didn't matter they lost but where do they get these announcers?

tcudoc

These announcers on ESPNU are idiots. DBU is down 6-2 with out out. And he said "DBU has a math problem, they need to send seven hitters to the plate to keep the season alive."

Ahh it's four runs. All they would need is four batters. Stupid. Didn't matter they lost but where do they get these announcers?

4 to get on base and score and tie the game
3 to get outs to send it to extra innings

=7

I don't know, just trying to think what they might have been thinking. Seems an odd thing to say. DBU may not be the ones with the math problem :)

OmniscienceFrog

Who calls batter's interference on a walk? Seriously.

Don't recall seeing that situation ever before, but if what the broadcasters reported is true, that is about as ignorant a rule as there is in baseball. The interference takes precedence over the walk? You've got to be kidding me. Once ball four is thrown the runner on first has a free pass to second, so he can't be thrown out going from first to second, so wth is the batter interfering with? If this is the rule then anytime there is a walk to a righthanded hitter with a runner on first the catchers should just wait until the batter heads to first and uncork a throw to second as he passes in front of him and draw an interference call and get the runner returned to first base and pick up an out on the walk.

All of this is beside the fact that it wasn't interference in the first place.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't recall seeing that situation ever before, but if what the broadcasters reported is true, that is about as ignorant a rule as there is in baseball. The interference takes precedence over the walk? You've got to be kidding me. Once ball four is thrown the runner on first has a free pass to second, so he can't be thrown out going from first to second, so wth is the batter interfering with? If this is the rule then anytime there is a walk to a righthanded hitter with a runner on first the catchers should just wait until the batter heads to first and uncork a throw to second as he passes in front of him and draw an interference call and get the runner returned to first base and pick up an out on the walk.

That seriously happened?

PurpleBlood87

4 to get on base and score and tie the game
3 to get outs to send it to extra innings

=7

I don't know, just trying to think what they might have been thinking. Seems an odd thing to say. DBU may not be the ones with the math problem :)
At the least you can tie the game with four people reaching base and score. Five to get ahead. Seven still makes no sense.

PurpleBlood87

That's a bad umpire who doesn't make his balls and strikes calls clear or a catcher who doesn't know the count. No need to throw down on ball four. At the worst, I could have seen the umpire sending the runner, who went to third on the bad throw, back to second. But what the umpires decided on was criminal.