• The KillerFrogs

Daryl Washington mention...

jake102

Two things:

1) He is a top 10ish QB
2) He has a star on his helmet, so that counts

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Hamburger, Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Schauby, Manning, Vick, Freeman, Romo

32 starting QB's in the NFL... Between 10 and 15 is mediocre. I could make a strong case for Bradford, and Cassel ahead of him also.

I can't argue with your second point. Well played.

Trelvis

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Hamburger, Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Schauby, Manning, Vick, Freeman, Romo

32 starting QB's in the NFL... Between 10 and 15 is mediocre. I could make a strong case for Bradford, and Cassel ahead of him also.

I can't argue with your second point. Well played.

Schaub, Freeman and Vick over Romo? Give me a f'ing break. And im not even that big of a Romo fan, but thats ridiculous.

jake102

Vick was a Top 10 QB last year. Before that he was the #1 rated player in the Incarceration League

Schaub is reliable while only having one receiver to throw to.

Freeman has nobody to throw to and is very solid and only getting better.

Romo is solid, but he's had TO, Witten, and Austin to throw to over the years. And Roy Williams had a pretty good season last year.

Oh and Romo literally dropped the ball in the playoffs, single-handedly ending their season.

Trelvis

Never mind. Dont have time to argue this right now. Still cant believe you said Freeman though. Dude has had 1 good season..

West Coast Johnny

Heard a rumor on Philadelphia radio last week that the eagles were looking to deal Kevin Kolb to Arizona for Washington and a draft choices. Seemed plausible...

Houston Frog

Schaub is a good QB, and can put up very solid numbers, but he hasn't shown the ability to put a team on his back and will them to victory when things aren't going well.

If he has time in the pocket and the receiver gives him a lane to fit the ball through, he'll put it on the money. But if there's a breakdown and he has to improvise, the chances of him "making a play" aren't very good.

That and he looks like he'd be your friend's nerdy older brother or something... doesn't look the part of an NFL QB (not that it matters)

talor

Vick was a Top 10 QB last year. Before that he was the #1 rated player in the Incarceration League

Schaub is reliable while only having one receiver to throw to.

Freeman has nobody to throw to and is very solid and only getting better.

Romo is solid, but he's had TO, Witten, and Austin to throw to over the years. And Roy Williams had a pretty good season last year.

Oh and Romo literally dropped the ball in the playoffs, single-handedly ending their season.

Here is the ESPN Power Rankings of Top 10 QBs:

And I am not sure how you can talk about Tony Romo's weapons but somehow fail to mention Desean Jackson for Vick or Andre Johnson for Schaub. Fair is fair and Andre is the best in the game.

jake102

Here is the ESPN Power Rankings of Top 10 QBs:

And I am not sure how you can talk about Tony Romo's weapons but somehow fail to mention Desean Jackson for Vick or Andre Johnson for Schaub. Fair is fair and Andre is the best in the game.

Looks like I pretty much nailed it on my list.

One player does not make an offense. DeSean Jackson isn't a possession receiver that you can be looking for on 3rd and 8.

Andre Johnson is by far the best in the game, and Schaub's numbers are similar to Romo's. They are close to equal in my book. Neither will be stars or win a Super Bowl.

Being the #10th best QB is being in the 30th percentile. That is not a "star", it is in the range of slightly above average.

talor

Looks like I pretty much nailed it on my list.

One player does not make an offense. DeSean Jackson isn't a possession receiver that you can be looking for on 3rd and 8.

Andre Johnson is by far the best in the game, and Schaub's numbers are similar to Romo's. They are close to equal in my book. Neither will be stars or win a Super Bowl.

Being the #10th best QB is being in the 30th percentile. That is not a "star", it is in the range of slightly above average.

I agree with you. Not much difference between 10-12 or whatever. But you made specific references to Roy Williams as a weapon. If you take that part back then I am okay with everything.

And when push comes to shove give me the QB that has actually made the playoffs, which means Romo gets a slight nod over Schaub.

Oh and it looks like the lockout may actually come to an end so we can have more of these conversations. Unlike the NBA, where front office people say there is about a 75% chance they don't play at all next year...

2themax

I agree with you. Not much difference between 10-12 or whatever. But you made specific references to Roy Williams as a weapon. If you take that part back then I am okay with everything.

And when push comes to shove give me the QB that has actually made the playoffs, which means Romo gets a slight nod over Schaub.

Oh and it looks like the lockout may actually come to an end so we can have more of these conversations. Unlike the NBA, where front office people say there is about a 75% chance they don't play at all next year...

Would be the dumbest thing in sports history if owners continue this lockout. They have to man up in negotiations to settle their finances. It won't work cause they don't have anything near the pull with fans that the NFL has. Can't see it working out for them.