• The KillerFrogs

Daniel 02?

Houston Frog

another great 1 liner, does get old ill say :blink:

please show me where im on here bragging on the greatness of texas tech, im not but i guess in your purple blinded minds i am, i am only stating facts and issues

you guys say what you will about last year but you could have played the game and chose not to, did tech call you cowards, No, bc its pretty JV bc there were circumstances that got in the way, same thing happened this year especially with the breakup of the big 12, circumstances got in the way and tech cancelled the game they thought they should, you guys got left in the cold again and are pissed, call tech cowards if you must but whats good for the goose..........
FACTS:

We had a home and home scheduled
Tech canceled both games

I don't understand how anyone can spin this as TCU backing out. The Texas Tech Yellow Raiders backed out and chose to play the worst team in FBS.

roddog

Banned
FACTS:

We had a home and home scheduled
Tech canceled both games

fact: you were not getting a home game without us getting a home game in return, as you will soon find out bcs schools do not need to make such deals with non bcs schools!

http://www.texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1178840

PurpleBlood87

fact: you were not getting a home game without us getting a home game in return, as you will soon find out bcs schools do not need to make such deals with non bcs schools!
Sage advise from the BCS school that A) has never played in much less won a BCS bowl game and B) that pads its schedule with non-BCS teams or crappy FCS teams.

TCUkanoot

http://www.texastech...asp?CID=1178840

I'm not going to bother with the validity of this article, but at least answer this...if they knew so far in advance, why did they wait until now to cancel? It's pretty obvious they weren't interested this year (regardless if future games were possible or not), so why not let us know far enough in advance that we could look for viable opponents?

Houston Frog

who said they didnt, i have posted several recent (deep purple) articles on this whole subject yet i have seen nothing comming from tcu?????????????
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/texas-tech-drops-tcu-from-schedule-then-hires-one-of-its-assistants/1

"To me it was a little late in the game (to change the schedule)," Del Conte told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "They knew Nebraska was going to the Big Ten eight months ago. We would have had more time if they had told us earlier. It's disappointing we couldn't make the game work. I did everything possible."

SnoopFrogs11

The last reply is a statement that HoustonFrog said that will hopefully shut up roddog. And the truth shall set you free roddog to leave this message board! The facts speak for themselves.

West Coast Johnny

Teams that have played in the Rose, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange, and Sugar Bowls:
1. Ohio State
2. Penn State
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Miami
6. Nebraska
7. Alabama
8. Tennessee
9. Notre Dame
10. TCU

gdu

another great 1 liner, does get old ill say :blink:

please show me where im on here bragging on the greatness of texas tech, im not but i guess in your purple blinded minds i am, i am only stating facts and issues

you guys say what you will about last year but you could have played the game and chose not to, did tech call you cowards, No, bc its pretty JV bc there were circumstances that got in the way, same thing happened this year especially with the breakup of the big 12, circumstances got in the way and tech cancelled the game they thought they should, you guys got left in the cold again and are pissed, call tech cowards if you must but whats good for the goose..........
Fact: tech called off the games both years.

"Their" is plural. that means it applies to more people than just you. You have bragged on tech plenty including starting a thread IIRC talking about "who needed who."

gdu

http://www.texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1178840
That article is chock full of lies. The contract was absolutely not "voided" and Tech will owe money if the FW game is not played soon. TCU, on the other hand, wouldn't owe Tech a dime for not playing in Lubbock.

NORMLFROG

call tech cowards if you must but whats good for the goose..........

Soooo...this is just Gerald Meyers trying to teach little ol' TCU a lesson? Perhaps he should have thought about the PR nightmare he unleashed on his own football program beofre he decided to show his arse. Typical Gerald....remember this is the same AD who made sure that Tech football didn't have any postage just so he could show leach who's boss. Rod, the sooner y'all get rid of that AD the sooner folks will quit laughing at your school.

But for now I'll talke comfort in the fact that the sports public perceives that Tech is yellow.....and perception is reality.

NF