• The KillerFrogs

Dan Patrick

ifrog

Have to agree with Dan Patrick. And I don't think it has anything to do with "perception" that we're still a little non-BCS school. We were exposed as a non Top 4 team in Ames. Something I think almost everyone here knew, whether they wanted to admit it or not, given our glaring weaknesses that get kicked around here all the time.
Have to disagree. We were ranked top 4 for a reason but had a bad game just like OSU, Clemson, Penn St, and Washington. Heck Clemson lost to freakin Syracuse. We did not have any glaring weaknesses before Saturday, most of the media said that we had the most complete team.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

A Top 4 team does not put up a goose egg on offense in Ames.

We can still win this conference though. We still have a good team. Not a top 4 team.

Zubaz

A Top 4 team does not put up a goose egg on offense in Ames.

We can still win this conference though. We still have a good team. Not a top 4 team.
I mean, a Top 4 team....a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team doesn't lose to Pitt at home. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to 5-7 Texas. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to Virginia Tech at home. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to 5-7 Nebraska. One game doesn't mean much in that sense.

FROG PARENTS 1961

What I don't get is the fact that many of these old writers are still stuck in the 80's as far as perception is concerned. Look no further than A&M as a great example. How many sports writers today would still consider A&M one of the big boys in college football? More than most. But it's been nearly 20 years since they even won a conference championship, they haven't won a national title since the 1930's and only have two Heisman winners overall. Now the same sports writers will all claim TCU is in the "new money" category of football, ignoring the early days where TCU contributed a lot to the sport up until the 70's - 90's. Sure, three decades of mediocrity will kill the perception of a program, but what exactly has many of these so-called blue-chip programs done lately other than be ranked high early, and failed to deliver? Some of these programs haven't had the same level of success TCU has in the last 17 years, yet we're constantly judged by the teams we had during those 3 decades.

It's a perception problem, and I fail to see how any of this will change until the current crop of sports writers die off or Patterson wins multiple National Titles.
DIE! writers DIE! Win that title GMFP then win another and another

ShreveFrog

I mean, a Top 4 team....a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team doesn't lose to Pitt at home. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to 5-7 Texas. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to Virginia Tech at home. A Top 4 team doesn't lose to 5-7 Nebraska. One game doesn't mean much in that sense.

It does when you put up zero, zilch, nada offensively on the scoreboard. Let's say we finish 12-1 conference champs. That will be the argument used against us.