• The KillerFrogs

Dalton Projected as 5th Rounder

DannyAdelante

LINK: 3rd Round Talents

They have him listed as a third round talent - 86th overall - but they project him to go in the fifth round. Very different from everything we've been hearing so far.

I'm not sure what to think. I'd love Andy to go first round, but I think it'll probably be the second round, maybe third. I'd hate if he slipped all the way to the fifth, but I doubt that'll happen.

A lot of people have fallen in love with Andy - Peter King, John Gruden, other talking heads. This is the first time in a long time that I've seen him listed this low. There are seven QBs listed ahead of him here.

I think anything could happen...QBs do slide in drafts depending on team need, what can you get in free agency, and what are the future prospects next year. I believe if Andy does slip in the Draft he will not slide past the third round.

CFN has consistently ranked TCU lower in everything since I've been reading it. They say nice things about us, but then when the numbers come out, they screw us over. They very reluctantly ranked us 2 at the end of the season, but only because their formula demanded it, and they explained it with insults.

No surprise at all they have AD so low.

ftwfrog

Andy Dalton will not be drafted below #45 overall. That is the 2nd round pick for the Niners, and if they pass on him in the second round, I am burning my Joe Montana jersey and rooting for another team. Harbaugh loves Dalton and I could actually see them trading up in the second or late first to take him. I am actually worried for the niners that he gets drafted before that. 8 of the top 10 picks in the draft need a QB, so Gabbard and Newton will surely be gone(I don't understand why Gabbard is so high?). I would be pretty happy if the Colts or Pats take Dalton in the late first round to back up a legend for a few years and then take over the helm.

As for CFN, I have recently written a very hateful email to one of thier writers asking what is inside their head. They ranked the top 10 coaches in College Football Right now, and Coach Patterson wasn't on the list, but Les Miles and Mark Richt were. I almost thought it was some sort of joke that a friend sent, but it was an actual article.

Of course what was it that Mark Cuban said about the internet media these days??

IronSkillet

No way he gets past the third, and I think it's prohibitively unlikely that he gets past SF in the second.

Just realized thats what ftwfrog said. First time I've ever agreed with a 49ers fan :blush:

Atomic Frawg

CFN has consistently ranked TCU lower in everything since I've been reading it. They say nice things about us, but then when the numbers come out, they screw us over. They very reluctantly ranked us 2 at the end of the season, but only because their formula demanded it, and they explained it with insults.

No surprise at all they have AD so low.
+1

Cougar/Frog

I used to read CFN a lot, but I was always puzzled by their slavish devotion to everything SEC. I rarely read it these days as it really falls well below the Bleacher Report in credibility....

TCUSA

They consistently rank us far lower than the AP or Coaches polls at the beginning of the season (though last season was an exception). As to their affinity for the SEC, they had 3 SEC teams in their top 5 preseason last year--Alabama (1), Georgia (3), and Florida (4).

They said our preseason strengths last year were QB (obviously) and Special Teams (?). Our weakness? Linebackers :laugh: