• The KillerFrogs

Dallas in a budget crunch, Cuban decides to pay for the parade himself

10 Key Frog

Maybe I'm not up on parade specifics and logistics.... what would be donated? Not a lot of product placement opportunities I don't think.

You can hate on Cuban all you want if you think he's meddling or a dork, but the guy is a great owner and not scared to spend money.

Really you've got plenty of space on the sides of cars, banners above the cars, sponsors cars between players cars, dealerships to provide all the cars, sponsored tshirts, a parade title sponsor, airplanes dragging ad banners, not to mention the tv side of things which I'm sure they'll sell the rights to one of the local stations.

Plenty of opportunity to cash in. Sure it probably won't cover the whole tab, but it'll probably cover a decent chunk.

cdsfrog

Really you've got plenty of space on the sides of cars, banners above the cars, sponsors cars between players cars, dealerships to provide all the cars, sponsored tshirts, a parade title sponsor, airplanes dragging ad banners, not to mention the tv side of things which I'm sure they'll sell the rights to one of the local stations.

Plenty of opportunity to cash in. Sure it probably won't cover the whole tab, but it'll probably cover a decent chunk.

2 million was the cost after fees covered for LA last year celebrating their 16th championship (17th including NBL..? I think......)

Dallas is celebrating their franchise first...

weklfrog

but not much time to solicit and negotiate sponsorships. Cuban could write a check for the whole affair without flinching. Its chump change.

10 Key Frog

but not much time to solicit and negotiate sponsorships. Cuban could write a check for the whole affair without flinching. Its chump change.

Maybe not a lot of time but it's not like he's drumming up new business either. He's got lots of sponsors that he already works with that promote at the AAC and elsewhere with the Mavs. Some may even be prenegotiated to a point as part of the regular season or playoff sponsorship agreement.

Young and Horned

missionaccomplished01.jpg

I like how Bosh is part of the Big 3 here, but now it is really just Bron and Wade who are together all the time. They don't really care about the Avatar character Bosh.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
well at first they were saying $200,000 for the party
now it's just $90,000 with a $20,000 tip

Just 90K. :tongue:

That was 90K just for a ginormous (15 liters) bottle Armand de Brignac Champagne. And then the 20K tip.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/sports/nba/mavericks/06142011-Mavs-Owner-Mark-Cuban-Spent-$110K-in-Four-Hours-Celebrating-NBA-Title

mrhornedfrog

Look around tomorrow and listen to who is recognized by the announcers......then you will see who footed the bill. Cubes probably got everything donated except for police and fire , which more than likely will come out of their budget.

Mike Brooks

Look around tomorrow and listen to who is recognized by the announcers......then you will see who footed the bill. Cubes probably got everything donated except for police and fire , which more than likely will come out of their budget.
If not he foots it. He has to sell it to recoup. Not the other way. If the city doesnt pay it is because of him. He is underwriting it and his baby to sell. Very novel and refreshing.

10 Key Frog

The cops working it likely would be off duty cops paid by Cuban. Same as the ones that work around TCU football and baseball games are paid by TCU, and same with Rangers, etc

cdsfrog

The cops working it likely would be off duty cops paid by Cuban. Same as the ones that work around TCU football and baseball games are paid by TCU, and same with Rangers, etc

no need to explain to this to mr. butthurt.

Lakers paid 2 mill for their 16th, doubt the Mavs first will be free per say......