• The KillerFrogs

Dallas chokes lead with miracle 1 second left shot

Frog DJ

This year's compressed NBA schedule will favor younger teams that need less time to refresh fatigued legs.

I'm not inferring this is what's happening to the Mavs - it's just a simple observation on the season to come.

The Rockets curb stomped the Spurs tonight in Toyota Center, after getting embarrassed in Orlando on Opening Night.

It's going to be an interesting season, and it won't be surprising if an unexpected champion emerges.

It certainly won't be Houston!

Go Frogs! Can't Wait For Next Year!

hometown frog

this season is going to have lots of odd results during the regular season. between the lockout preventing teams to get to work, the shortened training camps and preseason and the compressed season, funny things are going to happen. I would expect that by the time playoffs come around, the better teams will be playing well and the odd outcomes will stop.

But right now, the Mavs look lethargic and slow.

DickBumpastache

If the mavs trade Haywood next year they will nearly enough cap space for 2 max contracts :biggrin::biggrin:

It is impossible to trade Haywood. No GM is dumb enough to take on that contract. He will be amnestied next offseason.

Mavs had 2 nights off and Thunder had just played to the buzzer against Memphis the night before. With everything even, the Thunder probably win by 10-15. Schedule will determine nearly everything that happens this season.

cdsfrog

It is impossible to trade Haywood. No GM is dumb enough to take on that contract. He will be amnestied next offseason.

Mavs had 2 nights off and Thunder had just played to the buzzer against Memphis the night before. With everything even, the Thunder probably win by 10-15. Schedule will determine nearly everything that happens this season.

Then you can trade Marion and use the amnesty on Haywood.

Having space for 2 is vital to attract Howard and Williams. That trio is better than the Heat trio.....

cdsfrog

Steel believes Cuban is targeting 2012-13; he's got a lot of cap room freeing up then

Agreed. He turned this team into at best a #6 seed in the west, at worst missing the playoffs.

If we sign 1 or 2 of the best free agents in 2012 I will call it a great move

YCBJ Frog

NBA could have stayed on strike and I wouldn't have known the difference. I have less than no interest in that league.

I used to have Hornets season tickets, and now I'm done with the NBA. After Melo leaving Denver, I had hopes of this lockout leading to a franchise tag, or longer and unguaranteed rookie contracts, or an age minimum, or just anything to keep young players from playing their rookie contracts then leaving for large markets to make a triumvirate with other young players. That didn't happen. A hard cap didn't happen. Lots of things didn't happen that could've added parity like the NFL did in the mid 90s, without which the NFL wouldn't be monster it is today.

If they want one of the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat to always fill half of the Finals (which they do) they can keep their NBA just how it is, but I'm not watching on TV even, and especially not in person. My money goes elsewhere now.

geno

NBA could have stayed on strike and I wouldn't have known the difference. I have less than no interest in that league.

No interest in this league, yet you did bother to tune in to this thread about the game, and find the time to make a comment about it. No interest, indeed.