• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: TCU’s senior starting left tackle questionable with injury

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: TCU’s senior starting left tackle questionable with injury

by Kyle Fredrickson

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State might be without senior defensive end Jimmy Bean Saturday against TCU. But the Horned Frogs might also be without the player who might normally line up across from Bean on game day.

TCU left tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai — a 6-foot-6, 315-pound senior from Haltom, Texas — is listed as questionable against the Cowboys. He suffered an injury in the Horned Frogs' 40-10 victory against West Virginia last Thursday.

When TCU coach Gary Patterson was asked about Vaitai's availability this week, he said, “We'll see.” ...

http://newsok.com/article/5458484

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Below this article was this.  Can't they sell out their stadium for these two incredibly important games?  Is this an arbitrage opportunity for TCU fans - buy two pack, use TCU ticket and sell remaining ticket to Baylor fan?  yes, you would be in a home section, but their visitor seats suck.

TICKET OFFICE OFFERS DEAL FOR TCU AND BAYLOR GAMES
The OSU football ticket office has announced it is offering a buy one, get one free deal for specific sections of Boone Pickens Stadium when the Cowboys host TCU and Baylor.
Fans can purchase a $150 ticket in sections 224, 226, 304 or 307 Saturday against the Horned Frogs and get a separate free ticket within the same sections when the Cowboys host the Bears two weeks later on Nov. 21.
The seats available for the deal are on the middle and upper tiers of the stadium. A seating chart can be found on okstate.com. For more information, you can also call 877-ALL-4-OSU and follow @OSUFanEx on Twitter.

HoustonHornedFrog

Fred Garvin said:
The OSU football ticket office has announced it is offering a buy one, get one free deal for specific sections of Boone Pickens Stadium when the Cowboys host TCU and Baylor.
Fans can purchase a $150 ticket in sections 224, 226, 304 or 307 Saturday against the Horned Frogs and get a separate free ticket within the same sections when the Cowboys host the Bears two weeks later on Nov. 21.

Took a look at their seating chart. Those aren't bad tickets, especially 224, 226 which are one section off the center of the field, second deck behind the TCU bench. 

nwlafrog

Moose Stuff said:
Nothing against that guy. He's one of the better opposing fans we have on here. Just clarifying that it's not exactly "verified".
Completely agree. Hefley is fine by me.

Just jabbing a little

Fred Garvin

HoustonHornedFrog said:

Took a look at their seating chart. Those aren't bad tickets, especially 224, 226 which are one section off the center of the field, second deck behind the TCU bench. 

Exactly - these seats are a lot better than the crappy ones they give to visitors for their allotment.  Now they can't even sell them all.  They offered them as a 2 game package rather than individual game seats because they didn't want opposing team fans to buy them.

How very SMU of them!

jack the frog

Fred Garvin said:
  Can't they sell out their stadium for these two incredibly important games?

Nobody is immune. Tech had several thousand empty seats at home for whomever it was that they lost to last weekend (I get tech losses confused some times). Some are saying that UT might see 50 to 60 K at memorial this weekend for Kansas.

Fred Garvin

jack the weed said:

Nobody is immune. Tech had several thousand empty seats at home for whomever it was that they lost to last weekend (I get tech losses confused some times). Some are saying that UT might see 50 to 60 K at memorial this weekend for Kansas.

I understand, but when was the last time they hosted two 8-0 teams.  It's not like its Kansas VS Iowa State.

SnoSki

Moose Stuff said:
Nothing against that guy. He's one of the better opposing fans we have on here. Just clarifying that it's not exactly "verified".
+4

He and showtime are the only two I don't have on ignore.

Reptilian

$150 a ticket? Good lord. In freaking Stillwater. So get two games for the price of one and still pay almost the same as my two season tickets for the Baylor game combined.

I think Tech and Baylor gouges their fans as well for big name games.

Moose Stuff

Fred Garvin said:

I understand, but when was the last time they hosted two 8-0 teams.  It's not like its Kansas VS Iowa State.
I saw some stat the other day that I'm not gonna get right that said this was like the 6th meeting between major conference teams that were both 8-0 since the BCS era started. Or something like that.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Moose Stuff said:
I saw some stat the other day that I'm not gonna get right that said this was like the 6th meeting between major conference teams that were both 8-0 since the BCS era started. Or something like that.
And to celebrate, Sports Center will be there broadcasting before anyone is even awake.