• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Patterson won’t be pleased if Shawn Robinson is out

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: Patterson won’t be pleased if Shawn Robinson is out

by BERRY TRAMEL

TCU quarterback Shawn Robinson suffered an apparent shoulder injury on the Horned Frogs’ final drive of what became a 17-14 victory over Iowa State. TCU coach Gary Patterson declined to give an update on Robinson during the Big 12 coaches teleconference Monday.

“Not anything I would tell you,” Patterson said. But he did say Robinson “hasn’t even got an MRI or anything yet.”

But after the game, Patterson seemed frustrated at the lack of a quarterback rotation. He had talked about getting backup Michael Collins more snaps, but that hasn’t happened except in mopup duty.

Read more at https://newsok.com/article/5610215/patterson-wanted-tcu-to-get-another-qb-ready?

texas_sicilian

This is an example of what I meant about CGP getting more involved with the offensive decisions. He should have a strong say/influence in something like this.

Same Ole Wiley

I may get blasted for this, but this is another example of a GP quote that just makes me cringe. Head coach implying that he wanted back-up QB to get more game reps but offensive coordinator (or someone else on staff) over-ruled. Now starter may miss time and head coach basically passing the buck regarding the readiness of next guy up.

I'm a Frog and GP supporter through and through, but this stinks. And it's not the first time. Do better GP.

Head Coach...Leader of men. Responsibility, accountability. Hard things to demand of others when you are willingly making public statements like these.

Double V

So, he wanted the backup in at the end of a tied game trying to lead a winning drive in a conference game? Maybe Collins is better than we all thought...

Eight

And does anyone believe the SR "hasn't had an MRI or anything yet"?? X-ray in the locker room seems like a no-brainer.

it is possible there isn't an x-ray machine in the locker room, but regardless this is one of those situations where gary going just a bit off script when all he really has to say is we don't discuss the injury status of players.

the biggest concern i had is they took shawn straight from the field up the tunnel. granted the frogs were deep in isu territory and a field goal seemed likely, but things do go wrong at times..

apparent the decision on the field was he was done right then and there, but who knows, maybe he starts in 9 days against tech though i wouldn't put money on it regardless of the odds given to me.

Frog DJ

His injury appeared to be fairly significant at the moment, but we’re all just dealing in pure conjecture about it until something more concrete is revealed.

Given CGP’s penchant for secrecy I seriously doubt we’ll get more details, and it’s highly likely we won’t know anything until kickoff in the Tech game.

Other than random fan curiosity I have no problem with CGP’s tact, especially if it results in confusing the opponent/opponents and a W for TCU.

Go Frogs!

Volare

Attempting to dissect things Gary says is an exercise in futility. Leads to some interesting discussions but rarely ends up with any useful conclusions.

Quite right. But why say he hasn't received "an MRI or anything"? Why lie? Just say you aren't going to comment on injuries. Given the ongoing litigation regarding injury treatment seems like a strange thing to say.

We know there is an x-ray machine in there because players from opposing teams have gone in there in the past to have it done during the game.

FrogLifeYo

X-Ray is different than an MRI and I’m sure he had one as soon as he went to the locker room. My guess is the X-ray didn’t reveal anything that would require an emergency MRI so they probably scheduled it for yesterday..

Volare

X-Ray is different than an MRI and I’m sure he had one as soon as he went to the locker room. My guess is the X-ray didn’t reveal anything that would require an emergency MRI so they probably scheduled it for yesterday..

Quite aware that X-ray is different than MRI. He said "MRI or anything." Is in, no imagining had been done to determine the problem as of Monday- 2 days after the game. If an X-Ray showed a break, no need for an MRI.