• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Gary Patterson expects Casey Pachall to be a success

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: Gary Patterson expects Casey Pachall to be a success

by Berry Tramel

The preseason all-Big 12 quarterback did not make an appearance at Big 12 Media Days. TCU’s Casey Pachall, coming off a season in which he was suspended and spent time in drug rehab, is playing it low key.

TCU coach Gary Patterson said he has told Pachall that Pachall must publicly address his past, but Patterson also said he respects Pachall’s desire to stay under the radar.

“Him and I talked,” Patterson said. “I mentioned, you need to get some of this stuff out of the way. But kind of like he did in the spring, he said, ‘Can I be a student? Can I be a football player.’ I’m keeping the pressure off him.”

Patterson also pointed out that Pachall hasn’t been named the starting quarterback. Trevone Boykin took over for Pachall last season after four games and did a decent job, considering he was a freshman and primarily a runner, compared to Pachall’s classic throwing skills. ...

http://newsok.com/big-12-football-gary-patterson-expects-casey-pachall-to-be-a-success/article/3864714?custom_click=rss