• The KillerFrogs

Cyclone Report: Big 12 Best Coaches, Hot Seat, Rising Stars

Eight

how in the world is sark a rising star when he has already had a couple of jobs?

with texas headed to the sec he should be on the hot seat because the trustees who worked this move aren't going to be patient

LisaLT

how in the world is sark a rising star when he has already had a couple of jobs?

with texas headed to the sec he should be on the hot seat because the trustees who worked this move aren't going to be patient
Yeah that is a bit ridiculous. Being OC at Bama doesn’t guarantee success as head coach at UT.

Jared7

I'll go with Patterson as the top coach, but because it's an ISU site, they're almost certainly going to list Campbell because he's had 2 really good seasons. Riley should be there too because he's never actually not won the title.

As for hot seat, I think that's by definition the UT coach (Sark) because they tend to fire anyone after 3-4 years. But because he's just starting, they'll probably put him the rising stars camp, so Welch (Tech) and whoever is at KU will probably be their choice.

My rising star candidate would be Campbell but this site is going to list him as best already, so they'll probably go with Sark and the Eer coach.

I'll go with Patterson as the top coach, but because it's an ISU site, they're almost certainly going to list Campbell because he's had 2 really good seasons. Riley should be there too because he's never actually not won the title.

As for hot seat, I think that's by definition the UT coach (Sark) because they tend to fire anyone after 3-4 years. But because he's just starting, they'll probably put him the rising stars camp, so Welch (Tech) and whoever is at KU will probably be their choice.

My rising star candidate would be Campbell but this site is going to list him as best already, so they'll probably go with Sark and the Eer coach.
Neal Brown at West Virginia is far from being on the hot seat. He has a very strong '22 class so far, and has an underrated team this year. They will win some games they aren't supposed to win.
If you had said the Tech coach, I would agree with you.

Jared7

Neal Brown at West Virginia is far from being on the hot seat. He has a very strong '22 class so far, and has an underrated team this year. They will win some games they aren't supposed to win.
If you had said the Tech coach, I would agree with you.
Uh, I did say Welch for hot seat and I said Brown for rising star. So we agree.

Pharm Frog

Best coach in Big 12: Riley
Hot seat: Wells
Up and Coming: Klieman

I’d probably go in this order for best (but it kind of depends on what criteria you want to apply for how long):

Riley
Campbell
Gundy
Patterson