• The KillerFrogs

Curious about Boise State Game

roddog

Banned
why didnt tcu make more of a stand when the mwc switched the game to boise, did tcu have to agree?, imagine if both teams are undefeated going into the game, could be a huge advantage, imagine if they would have fought to move the game to the death star.

Portland Frog

I assume there was a fight about it but what could the university really do? Someone on here may be able to shed more light. And yes, if both teams are undefeated, it could be a huge advantage given there are inexperienced players in key positions for the frogs (i.e. QB). Last year on the road v Utah many fans were not nervous given the experience up and down the lineup. That may not be the case this year.

roddog

Banned
That's what I was thinking. We'd look like crybabies if we made a big stink about it.

i think just the opposite, if you try and do something about it, it looks like you have some balls, del conte seems a little to passive to me if he wants to run a top cf program

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
i think just the opposite, if you try and do something about it, it looks like you have some balls, del conte seems a little to passive to me if he wants to run a top cf program

Bad news....he's already running a top program......

I guess he could have tried to cancel the game to play NM, but we're already playing New Mexico. That would have shown some balls, huh?

Zubaz

did tcu have to agree?
Yes. End of story.

The game was penciled in for Fort Worth, since Boise was taking Utah's spot on the schedule. Nothing was ever set, however. The conference sets the schedule without needing the consent of the teams. They clearly aren't happy about us leaving so they changed their minds and set the game in Boise. Literally nothing we could do about it.

I have to agree with roddog here, Del Conte is extremely passive. I mean seriously what has he done? Other than extending CGP's deal ensuring that he'll be the Frogs head coach until 2018, raising upwards of $100,000,000 for a new stadium, and getting TCU into the Big East which will give us a chance to play in a BCS game ever year, what exactly has he done?

Tech is a joke