• The KillerFrogs

Congratulations from a Bronco Fan

jojobro

A sincere congratulations for your arrival to the Big 12.

I recognize your team's achievement as a sign that it has already proven itself; you have a great football team not because you're now in the Big 12, but that it has already proven its mettle. And I think it's fitting that your team is gaining AQ status through the Big 12, not the Big East. I'm sure it's something of a bittersweet time for some of your older fans.

I'm not too concerned about my own Broncos, as some doors may be opening for them in the future, and as shaky as the landscape of college football is, we could be in the same conference again--hopefully for more than one year. In any event, I wish the Horned Frogs the best of luck in their new conference--make 'em sorry they took you in!

Go Broncos!

BABYFACE

I recognize your team's achievement as a sign that it has already proven itself; you have a great football team not because you're now in the Big 12, but that it has already proven its mettle. And I think it's fitting that your team is gaining AQ status through the Big 12, not the Big East. I'm sure it's something of a bittersweet time for some of your older fans.

I'm not too concerned about my own Broncos, as some doors may be opening for them in the future, and as shaky as the landscape of college football is, we could be in the same conference again--hopefully for more than one year. In any event, I wish the Horned Frogs the best of luck in their new conference--make 'em sorry they took you in!

Go Broncos!

If there is team that has earned it on field like TCU and that is BSU. Boise deseves to be in a AQ conference.

Valmy77

I am not sure of the economics or any of the factors that are motivating these decisions by the Powers That Be in the Big 12 but I hope they are at least seriously considering BSU among their other candidates.

Rabble Rouser

Go Broncos!

Thanks for the nice words. I wish the Bronco's the best of luck. Hopefully if you guys can improve your facilities and stadium (start by removing the hs running track) you can find yourselves in a similar situation. Hopefully we can meet again in an ooc in the future as ours is a unique rivalry that I think needs to continue. See you in November, tell your boys to take it easy on us :wink:

Rabble Rouser

If there is team that has earned it on field like TCU and that is BSU. Boise deseves to be in a AQ conference.

Too bad it's not all about on the field accomplishments. It is also about off the field factors such as facilities and academics. TCU earned it there as well, Boise still has work to do. Truth. If Boise is smart they will capitalize on their current success and reinvest in their program as much as humanly possible. Strike while the iron is hot if you will.

Extremely jealous as a Boise State fan, but if we keep doing what we've been doing good things will happen for us. Not that worried about it, but it would be nice to be in the same conference as TCU once again.

BigEasyFrog

Got absolutely nothing against BSU, despite our recent history in bowl matchups and us more/less either being in competition with each other, or fighting the same fight if you will, in getting to a BCS Bowl game in recent years. I choose to focus on the latter. And I actually went to our bowl matchup in 2003 when I was still a student, was a great game.

While I was obviously glad you all lost to Nevada because it helped our sake last year, you all have been fighting the same fight as us years and years trying to gain respect while winning more often than not. True, some of our wins for both schools have been walks in the park, but people quickly forget that a few during most years have been damned good wins against quality opponents.

And when you all get ripped on for blue turf, while I get it, I think it is silly to dog yall on that. Who cares is what I say. More/less on the same subject, to get to the Big 12/East I think you all could use facility upgrades in general (coming from a naive fan who has never been to Boise or Idaho and just giving feedback from seeing games on TV and photos, etc. - please correct me if I am wrong or am out of line), but that's a talk for another time/place/thread.

EDIT: What I basically hated throughout this whole deal is media basically having to force us to hate each other or be bitter enemies. Again while I was glad that you all lost to Nevada last year, only because it helped us and definitely nothing even close coming from me such as "BSU SUCKS!!!"

Opintel

Moderators
Quite serious here - you must upgrade your facilities immediately. Academics are harder to improve, even with an influx of lots of cash, but it must be done.

You've been incredibly good on the football field, but you have a short history playing at the highest level. Best wishes to all of you.

froginaustin

I am not sure of the economics or any of the factors that are motivating these decisions by the Powers That Be in the Big 12 but I hope they are at least seriously considering BSU among their other candidates.

Boise is too new. If they keep building and their part of the country keeps growing relative to most of the rest of the country, they should get there one day.

Sux for Boise that they can't get there overnight. But that seems to be the fact, whether it's fair or not.