• The KillerFrogs

Congrats

BigEasyFrog

ShivasFrog said:
I am into the heated rivalry stuff, but I'd have no problem with GTech knocking off FSU and Wisconsin taking out tOSU letting Baylor slip into #4. Would be great for the Big12 and our rivalry with BU.
Absolutely.

As an aside since mentioned, I grew up largely to root for Florida State in general and was a fan, but given how much stupid b.s. has surrounded them this year and last, I'd love simply for that for Georgia Tech to beat them.

jack the frog

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Ya gotta love that the two smallest enrollment programs in the conference -- private and church affiliated schools to boot --are grabbing ink by the barrels, air time by the hours, and interest across the national sports spectrum...while the Enormous State Universities are of secondary consideration.

When has this last happened, if ever? Does their ability to impact who wins the Big-12 look to be ephemeral? Nope, BU and/or TCU plan on being relevant for quite some time. That's the first of two main stories of the 2014 season (even if there were no further games to play beyond this point). These teams matter! And the CFP process has kept them and their relative merits at the forefront of national championship discussion for weeks on end.

What's the second development this year? (even if there were no further games to play beyond this point). We have put to rest the same question for both TCU and Baylor --  'Who is your biggest rival?'. Call it 'mutual respect', 'common concern', 'intense fan interest' or simply 'hate' but both TCU's and Baylor's fan bases care very much indeed who wins when they play each other. There is no longer, even the pretense, that one program's success is beneath the other's concern. There now is national significance as to how each fares, both in direct play and beyond.

Sports fans, that's high cotton indeed, and long overdue. Let's enjoy it while we can.

2314@work

Contributor
Frogo said:
Not this Frog. Would be happy for Baylor to get in as long as we're there.
Indeed. Of course. Funny how a lot of folks on this board don't see why. Why? The least reason is it would, of course, make the Big 12 look great. But the No. 1 reason for a thinking Frog fan? If Baylor makes the field, at some point we could play them again. Who here wouldn't want that? Who here doesn't want to close Baylor mouths?

Virginia Frog

cornutum said:
Actually I would like Baylor to join us so we could settle this on the field in Arlington once and for all.
I don't want the Baylor Bears fb team to even sniff the possibility of a national championship.

I'm patient, we'll teach them a thing or two next season in ACS. (& BU still won't be able to sell their ticket allotment.)

For the 2014 season I only want ONE B12 team in the playoffs (if KSU was 11-1, I'd feel differently.)

Baylor gives good Baptists a bad name!

arlington

I must be either stupid or fair minded but I would love to have both TCU and Baylor in this thing...probably cuz they are both more deserving than Ohio State and to be honest, even FSU..Seriously does anyone watch these games every week? Ohio State and the BIG should have been eliminated in September when half their teams were losing to MAC schools! Of course their records got better when they got to start playing each other! Baylor and TCU would ROLL the Luckeyes..And FSU would have 3 losses in the B12..5 in the SEC west..Fall behind 17, 21, 24, 13, 10 to Baylor or TCU and that game would get UGLY so fast their would be no rescue from the rapist!

fanatical frog

arlington said:
I must be either stupid or fair minded but I would love to have both TCU and Baylor in this thing...probably cuz they are both more deserving than Ohio State and to be honest, even FSU..Seriously does anyone watch these games every week? Ohio State and the BIG should have been eliminated in September when half their teams were losing to MAC schools! Of course their records got better when they got to start playing each other! Baylor and TCU would ROLL the Luckeyes..And FSU would have 3 losses in the B12..5 in the SEC west..Fall behind 17, 21, 24, 13, 10 to Baylor or TCU and that game would get UGLY so fast their would be no rescue from the rapist!

Agree.

JurisFrog said:
My personal rank is Alabama 1, Oregon 2, TCU 3, Baylor 4.  I think BU is better than Florida St.  Hopefully this happens.

Mine too.    Ohio State and Florida a push for 5 and 6.

Newbronk

From an old rival (Boise State) you probably don't even think about anymore -- congrats on the ranking! You deserve it. Win this next one and we here in Boise will be rooting for you to go all the way!

bscttyb

Newbronk said:
From an old rival (Boise State) you probably don't even think about anymore -- congrats on the ranking! You deserve it. Win this next one and we here in Boise will be rooting for you to go all the way!
Thanks! Harsin has you guys rolling again. I just hope that we stay in the top 4 because I could see us ending up playing against you guys again if we don't!