• The KillerFrogs

CONFIRMED: Tech to reinstate the guy who cold clocked their WBB player

bscttyb

He hit a woman.  Never ever ever should you hit a woman. I don't care if she is swinging like crazy, tackle her and hold her down. Do not hit her!!!!

bullfrog69

You shouldn't hit a girl, but the law allows you to. Maybe not ethical but that's how it is. If the courts were to set a bright line for the amount of time you had to react half of self defense cases would be assault charges on each side. She clearly didn't retreat and theres no evidence she made a verbal withdrawal. Therefore, she still posed a legal threat. He should have walked away. That would have been the man way of doing it. All I'm doing is giving a legal perspective. Doesn't mean I agree with it in this situation.

SoonerBredCD

Taco2 said:
So plenty if time to recognize he was about to punch a woman in the face.

Interesting that OU just took a WR that assaulted a woman. Do you now feel the need to stick up for women beaters?

You're free to ignore me.  Don't you guys have the ignore function on this site?

SoonerBredCD

bullfrog69 said:
You shouldn't hit a girl, but the law allows you to. Maybe not ethical but that's how it is. If the courts were to set a bright line for the amount of time you had to react half of self defense cases would be assault charges on each side. She clearly didn't retreat and theres no evidence she made a verbal withdrawal. Therefore, she still posed a legal threat. He should have walked away. That would have been the man way of doing it. All I'm doing is giving a legal perspective. Doesn't mean I agree with it in this situation.

Well said.  And I don't agree with women beaters and abusers as a certain numb nut suggests.  I personally wouldn't have retaliated in that situation.  But she was the aggressor, and made the stupid decision to throw a punch.  Unfortunately, even stupid people have to face the consequences of their actions.  Male or female.

Having said that, he was equally as stupid for throwing the retaliatory punch... Probably even more so.  I'm sure he wishes he could have that punch back, based on the resulting fire storm.

frognutz

TCU2000 said:
He hit a woman.  Never ever ever should you hit a woman. I don't care if she is swinging like crazy, tackle her and hold her down. Do not hit her!!!!
How about just nobody hits nobody?

Tom Brown

Battle got a longer suspension than Griner did for hitting a Tech player.

I'm ok with the reinstatement and a quarter of the season seems semi-fair. My real issue with the reinstatement is how suspect it is. Had these two been honest and contrite from the beginning it would make more sense but Bethel lied from the beginning. It smells as though back room handshakes made this happen.

Aside from that I won't give this two more thoughts.

PS. I would've supported Tanner Brock's reinstatement

TCUFrogs

Sometimes dudes who hit girls end up getting corrective training.  Remember a few years ago down on 6th st in Austin when Texas LB Rashad Bobino punched a girl in the back of the head and knocked her down.  Then Roger Huerta knocked him out!

There are some videos of some of it...

SoonerBredCD

TCUFrogs said:
Sometimes dudes who hit girls end up getting corrective training.  Remember a few years ago down on 6th st in Austin when Texas LB Rashad Bobino punched a girl in the back of the head and knocked her down.  Then Roger Huerta knocked him out!

Yeah, Bobino punched a much smaller girl without physical provocation.  He was a punk and definitely got what he deserved.  That was awesome, by the way.  

TCURiggs

TCUFrogs said:

That was so great. Bobino probably wasn't expecting to get tuned up by a guy that small. Huerta didn't get charged with anything either. Here's the video:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_2er7nwj4/

TCUFrogs

TCUFrogs said:

l090106_fiesta_mcconaughey.jpg

8750b25c9a50_sf_1.jpg

roger-huerta-streetfight_3.png

huerta_street_fight2_medium.jpg

080410_roger_huerta_still.jpg

D_Frog

ifrog said:
That was Techadvisor on here spouting lies as usual
Maybe I'm not following you.  
If he would have really just gotten hit without seeing who it was, then instantly swung around and hit the person without knowing who it was, I could understand that.  That situation would have been a better defense for him and tt.  They could have said it was a mistake.
In the video, he turns and looks at the girl and then hits her.  It was not a mistake.  He hit the girl knowing it was a girl.

TechAdvisor

D_Frog said:
Maybe I'm not following you.  
If he would have really just gotten hit without seeing who it was, then instantly swung around and hit the person without knowing who it was, I could understand that.  That situation would have been a better defense for him and tt.  They could have said it was a mistake.
In the video, he turns and looks at the girl and then hits her.  It was not a mistake.  He hit the girl knowing it was a girl.
I posted back when the event happened that I had heard eye witness accounts indicating that Bethel was hit in the back of the head and just turned and swung without realizing who he was hitting.  These eye witness accounts were clearly not accurate.  It's clear in the video that Bethel absolutely knew who he was hitting.   

I never claimed 100% accuracy of these eye witness accounts, I was just passing along what sources had heard from people who were there at the time.  That's why video is always better than eye witness accounts.  

Paint It Purple

bullfrog69 said:
well given her size and not her gender (i know people's hearts will fall with her gender), she reasonably could inflict injury on a guy his size. she threw the first punch, he was in his legal rights to use the same amount or reasonable force to protect himself. while not ethically sound, his acquittal was probably credible with respect to the law. Also, police officers have beat the crap out of women who resisted and they are usually in their rights to do so. gender really doesn't matter as long as the person could reasonably inflict damage 
Really weary of these punk/thuggish tough girls of the last 10-15-20 years. Most don't act this way, but, too many these days do. If a girl is gonna act and talk and punch like a man, get ready to have your face broken.

rifram09

Paint It Purple said:
Really weary of these punk/thuggish tough girls of the last 10-15-20 years. Most don't act this way, but, too many these days do. If a girl is gonna act and talk and punch like a man, get ready to have your face broken.
With you til the bold part. Still no excuse for hitting a woman. I think you're saying "get ready for scummy dirt bags to think they can break your face (implying real men will still only scoff at your idiocy)." But what you said doesn't read well.

Paint It Purple

Rifram09 said:
With you til the bold part. Still no excuse for hitting a woman. I think you're saying "get ready for scummy dirt bags to think they can break your face (implying real men will still only scoff at your idiocy)." But what you said doesn't read well.
Myself, I can't imagine hitting a girl under any circumstance. My son would never hit a girl. I'm not too politically correct, hence how the post reads. But you are correct, that the thugs don't discriminate. Here's another non-PC thought. Chances are one or both of these kids are from broken homes. No dad. And, a loud mouthed tough "you don't take no crap from nobody" HOLY SINGLE MOM. Weary of them too.

jake102

Jake102 said:

I'm pretty much 100% against sending emails to CDC/Patterson/Boschini, but I would likely send an email to all three of them voicing my displeasure. 

Pretty excited to see if this "foreshadowing" comes true

Paint It Purple said:
 Chances are one or both of these kids are from broken homes. No dad. And, a loud mouthed tough "you don't take no crap from nobody" HOLY SINGLE MOM. Weary of them too.
are you serious with this crap?

you could not be more wrong about Amber

both parents were student-athletes at UNM