• The KillerFrogs

Conference Realignment: Rumors of a Big East Mass Exodus

TCUFrogs

img_392_karl-malone-on-marijuana-the-man-show.jpg

Stiff Arm Frog

I have no ties to the Bulls or Tampa, but if all this goes down, I feel badly for South Florida.

They'll get no more than they deserve. If the football conference folds, it'll be at least in part a result of their refusal to admit UCF. Looks now as though they may end up in a conference with UCF anyway.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I have no ties to the Bulls or Tampa, but if all this goes down, I feel badly for South Florida.

Not so much for me. The reason for their exclusion from a Big 12 expansion might be the same reason for their inclusion in the Big East - simple geography. Their location in Florida was an advantage to the Big East (needing a replacement for UMiami), but that same location now makes them a potential outlier. And while geography has played against us in the past, now it appears to be at least a small advantage.

Not so much for me. The reason for their exclusion from a Big 12 expansion might be the same reason for their inclusion in the Big East - simple geography. Their location in Florida was an advantage to the Big East (needing a replacement for UMiami), but that same location now makes them a potential outlier. And while geography has played against us in the past, now it appears to be at least a small advantage.

I hate the fact that USF was picked over TCU despite the fact that they had only been D1A maybe only a couple of years. We were far more deserving than them when they got the invite back around 2003. The fact that the Big East added USF and got UConn to go 1A is why I considered it screwed up that the Big East got to keep its auto bid status while the MWC was left out. The Big East should have lost its auto bid status when Virginia Tech, Miami, and Boston College left or the MWC should have become an auto bid conference.

Purple Geezer

Why? USF is trash. They proved that last night. Blown out by a Pitt team that lost 2 games in a row?

Yeah, but they have a beautiful campus on the ocean and St.Pete is a good road trip for the opponents. But, like UCONN and other new kids on the block, I don't much care what happens to them. They've been playing major college football for, what, 35 minutes?

joejordan

Yeah, but they have a beautiful campus on the ocean and St.Pete is a good road trip for the opponents. But, like UCONN and other new kids on the block, I don't much care what happens to them. They've been playing major college football for, what, 35 minutes?
lol...the USF campus is ok, not beautiful, and it is in a part of Tampa that is, um, in need of some work.

Also, it is about 4 hours from the ocean. And about as close to the Gulf as UH or Rice. It is about 10 minutes from the Hillsborough River though, so they got that going for 'em.

mtmedlin

lol...the USF campus is ok, not beautiful, and it is in a part of Tampa that is, um, in need of some work.

Also, it is about 4 hours from the ocean. And about as close to the Gulf as UH or Rice. It is about 10 minutes from the Hillsborough River though, so they got that going for 'em.

Obviously you have never been here...I can drive from the USF campus to Clearwater beach in about 20 minutes...the campus is quite nice. If you have to talk out of your [Craig James], please at least grab a map. There isnt basically any place in Florida that is four hours away from a beach. Were a freaking peninsula!
And this part of town needs work...were less then a 1/2 mile from Busch Gardens. This section of town is fine. Temple Terrace is actually a pretty decent section of town.
As far as USF getting left out...if it happens, it happens but since one jackass on here called us trash...two things for ya... BAYLOR AND SMU. Pot meet kettle!