• The KillerFrogs

Conference Championship games thread....

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Anyone besides me think Northwestern is going to lay down for Ohio State, so that they will leap into the final four? Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

LVH

does any conference play their championship game in a state they don't have a member?

I could see the new rams stadium

There is a reason 4 college basketball conferences have their conference tournament here. People will use any excuse possible to come here. Pac 12 and MWC football title games here are a no brainer

MTfrog5

Sam Boyd is such a dump but there have still been some fun Las Vegas Bowls

Interested to see what the atmosphere will be like in Raiders Stadium.
As much as the city supported the Knights, I think they are going to be awesome for a big brand like the Raiders. How long that will last is another question though

LVH

As much as the city supported the Knights, I think they are going to be awesome for a big brand like the Raiders. How long that will last is another question though

Good question. I still think a lot of the Knights appeal was that they were the first major sports franchise here. I think for that reason the team will always be a favorite son. But I'm interested to see how the team is supported when the honeymoon period ends

Raiders will be fine. 8 games a year no problem filling up the seats. One thing is that at Knights game there are so many opposing fans here no matter what team. Stars fans turn out really well for example. If Raiders fans dont fill the stadium opposing fans will

I think the Las Vegas Bowl will be elevated and they will create another. Kind of like how New Orleans has both the New Orleans Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. Could even see them doing what Orlando does and have 3 bowls here.

Eight

There is a reason 4 college basketball conferences have their conference tournament here. People will use any excuse possible to come here. Pac 12 and MWC football title games here are a no brainer

maybe, but talking to people in the seattle area this week they didn't have much interest in the game

LVH

maybe, but talking to people in the seattle area this week they didn't have much interest in the game

No support for UW in Seattle. I did a lot of work up there in 2016 when UW went to the playoff. Never would have known UW was in the playoff by the way the people there acted. Even die hard UW fans didnt seem to care much.

Compare that to me doing work in Davenport Iowa the year before when Iowa went 12-0.