• The KillerFrogs

Colorado State

Opintel

Moderators
At CSU - anybody thinking about driving up? We are considering it; about a 13 hour drive.

Who's flown into a nearby city and driven over to Hughes Stadium? Is that a better plan (hotels in the consideration)? :mellow:

MN Frog

The GF and I are going to fly in for the game. We have some friends that graduated from CSU who are going with. When we book our tickets and hotel, i will let you know. I am relying on them to take the lead on this one.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Aug 7 2010, 11:00 AM) [snapback]608832[/snapback]
Flying into Denver...Staying at Hotel de Mi Old Neighbor. He's a CSU grad and had to move back to Ft. Collins from DFW last year. We made a pact that I'd go up there every year we played at CSU and he'd come down here every time they played down here.

Where is that hotel? Can't find it in a search.

Dogfrog

If you have a couple of days, it might be worthwhile to look at flying into Denver and spending a day at Estes Park, about 1.5 hour away from Denver airport. Then the drive from EP to Ft. Collins is about an hour. Fort Collins is a nice town, but IMO not much to do outside of the Fat Tire brewery.

Rabble Rouser

I'll be there, but I live in Colorado Springs so it's just a 2 hour drive or so. Flying into DIA and driving is definetly the way to go, but the drive from Fort Worth to Denver really isn't that bad either. In addition to the New Belgium Brewery, the Odell's Brewery is just a few blocks away, I've always enjoyed doing both back-to-back. At night go and check out Old Town. During the day you could always go fish or raft the Poudre River.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Opintel @ Aug 7 2010, 10:51 AM) [snapback]608824[/snapback]
At CSU - anybody thinking about driving up? We are considering it; about a 13 hour drive.

Who's flown into a nearby city and driven over to Hughes Stadium? Is that a better plan (hotels in the consideration)? :mellow:

Not considering it because of Ryder Cup and OU/Texas. Brian and John for me (not a bad way to spend an afternoon) when Frogs play there.

Zubaz

Considering driving up from ABQ, but need to clear it with my better half. Already going to Jerry World, BYU, of course the UNM game, and hopefully a trip in January...so it might be a stretch.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Todd D. @ Aug 7 2010, 06:21 PM) [snapback]608930[/snapback]
Considering driving up from ABQ, but need to clear it with my better half. Already going to Jerry World, BYU, of course the UNM game, and hopefully a trip in January...so it might be a stretch.

Pretty sure we're going to drive, if we go, and take a couple of days each way to look around. I'm really starting to hate to fly. It's amazing how busy things can be with grandkids and church (spousal unit on every committee ever invented) and other stuff.

If Charter had the MTN, I'd be tempted to just watch it here. We are going to the Utah game (done deal with the Alumni Trip) and this can start to run into $$$, when you add it all up. So - don't add it up! :tongue:

Oh, well, you're only young alive once...go for it, while you still can!