College Baseball score update

cdsfrog

Rice beats USM 4-0

Texas A&M CHOKES against
Texas loses 4-2

Baylor
bests OU 4-2

#1 Virginia, #2 South Carolina, #3 Vandy, #12 Clemson, #20 USM, all lost

#18 Arky is down 2-1 against Mississippi in bottom of the 9th 2 outs.

AggieFrog

Aggie was winning 2-0 into the 7th inning...then fell apart
That 2 run error at 3rd was a killer. Routine play that could have turned two. Just being in the game given Stilson's mediocre outing was pretty good (he's definitely not 100% right now after his injury last week).

Ags still lead Texas in the RPI after the game and are now tied in conference with favorable pitching match ups in the next two (though they're in Austin).

cdsfrog

That 2 run error at 3rd was a killer. Routine play that could have turned two. Just being in the game given Stilson's mediocre outing was pretty good (he's definitely not 100% right now after his injury last week).

Ags still lead Texas in the RPI after the game and are now tied in conference with favorable pitching match ups in the next two (though they're in Austin).

Calling the sweep

Whenever we are a host, you can almost guarantee we will get a Big 12 team every year, unless they are all hosts. They try to keep teams within their region as best they can.

We've only hosted twice. The first year, A&M was in our regional, the second year Baylor was in our regional.

Really hope we don't get OU. They make me nervous.

maxmtex

If we host, and OU does not, we will get them as our #2. They are arn good, but we can match up with them with our starting pitchers. If I had to choose OU or UCLA as the number 2 seed in my regional, I think I'd take OU (even though they hit twice as well as UCLA).
If UCLA makes the tournament, and they might not, they will be a nasty #2 or #3.
If we host, we will have a really good #2, but I hope to avoid a #2 that has a second stud on the mound (like UCLA).

illini_frog

Yeah I wonder if that old adage that goes with football about "it's hard to beat anybody twice, impossible to do it three times" might sort of apply to us vs. OU.

They've beaten us twice, maybe now it's our turn to win 2 against them.

cdsfrog

Yeah I wonder if that old adage that goes with football about "it's hard to beat anybody twice, impossible to do it three times" might sort of apply to us vs. OU.

They've beaten us twice, maybe now it's our turn to win 2 against them.

http://www.d1baseball.com/daily/today.htm