• The KillerFrogs

Coach can play!

Obvious Troll

Last fall, shortly after the drunken driving arrest of star quarterback Casey Pachall, the coach got a call from Lowe. Pachall had reportedly failed a drug test months before his arrest and Lowe was fed up.

I told him that I didnt like his tattoos, and that it was good that he was gone, Lowe said recently. Gary said, Thats not right. The kids got a problem, a life-changing problem. Ive got to try and help him. Its better for the school, better for him, and it will be better for the team if we can get him straightened out.

Patterson took part in the deliberations with Pachalls family that led to three months of rehab. The player returned to classes last winter and is fighting to reclaim his job as the starting quarterback.

I told him [Patterson], It will be either a train wreck, or one of the greatest stories in college football, Lowe said.

Patterson said, I know it.
#NC2FW

dutchman

Coach P not only prepares his players for success on the field, he prepares them for success in life.  Those of us who love TCU, Fort Worth, or just care about young people, need to marvel at and truly appreciate what has been going on in and around our football program since he has been there--not just the program's success, but the impact he has had on his players, his coaches, the alumni, our community and anyone who listens to him and pays attention to what he says.

There really are life lessons emanating from him.  I know that one of the main reasons I attend every Frog Club luncheon I can during the season is that I often come away from them having learned something here and there from listening to him which helps me in my career or my life--and, of course, he gets me really fired up too, which I enjoy!

Among the many things I so admire about Coach P is how well he learns from his mistakes.

Also, I enjoyed how the story showed what a true gem, Kelsey is.

Coach P is not only the best football coach in America, he is a great man.  We are all so lucky to get to be around him.

Opintel

Moderators
I love it - a lot.  Damn, that's got tears in my eyes, and way too much adrenalin pump'n for football to start. :wub: