• The KillerFrogs

Cincy Jungle: How Will the Mountain West Transfer to the AFC North?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Cincy Jungle: How Will the Mountain West Transfer to the AFC North?

by Jason Garrison

When it comes to college football, some like the BCS and others hate it. The people who like it, enjoy the many bowl games and the pressure added to every BCS eligible school to win every game in the pursuit of being the national champions. Those that don't like it believe that it leaves certain schools and conferences out of the running for a national championship. Schools like Boise State, BYU, Utah, Houston and the Bengals new quarterback's Alma Mater, TCU, can go undefeated throughout the regular season and get passed over for a bid in the national championship game by a team in one of the six BCS conferences (PAC-10, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, Big East and SEC) even if that team has a loss.

TCU and Boise State have become known now as "BCS Busters." Just last year, Dalton led his team to an undefeated regular season. Luckily for the BCS, the two teams that were favorites to play in the national championship game, Auburn and Oregon, finished with undefeated seasons as well. Because they had tougher schedules, they got the championship bid, leaving TCU to play the favored Wisconsin Badgers in the Rose Bowl. ...

DannyAdelante

That argument doesn't really make any sense.

AFC North QBs:
Ben Roethlisberger: Miami (OH) - MAC
Joe Flacco: Delaware - CAA (DI-AA)
Colt McCoy: Texas - Big 12

The best two QBs come from small conferences. The weakest comes from a power conference.

I don't really think conference affiliation has anything to do with future success. David Greene, the winningest QB in SEC history never made it in the NFL.

Coach Pattersons Dog

I don't think the writer of the article considered Baylor a BCS team.
biggrin.gif

Frog DJ

It's funny how Baylor went from being non-BCS in 2007 to BCS in 2010 without changing conferences.

I know what it's like to have your every word scrutinized, so I'll be the first to admit everyone makes mistakes.

Andy Dalton will be just fine, so long as the Bengals provide some talent around him to augment his own.

Go Frogs!