• The KillerFrogs

Chuck Neinas on Gameday

ms19

Pretty week if TX gets its way after all of the bad press. Of course that is par for the course. You are probably right Wes. GF you don't get to be right in this deal...too late. I'm out. Time for some cold beer.

Purple Geezer

Bruce Feldman just tweeted:

"Big 12 commish Chuck Neinas on espn this AM: "There appears to be some resistance to adding a team from Texas." Doesn't sound good for TCU."

It's Dodds who doesn't want us. Big surprise. He wants the Longhorn network to reach into new territory, and he'll kill the Big East if he can.
That's why he has to die soon.

FROGDADDY

Pretty week if TX gets its way after all of the bad press. Of course that is par for the course. You are probably right Wes. GF you don't get to be right in this deal...too late. I'm out. Time for some cold beer.

Wes IS right. Which gets me all the way back to my original comments in this thread which were that the words of the interim commish on Gameday today were nothing we didn't already know. Texas has concerns about us being a prominent player in D1 football. Check.

No one knows what is gonna happen. Obviously that includes GF based on the past few days.

Find something I said that isn't correct?

I think what you call me being wrong is actually a result of people inferring things or misinterpreting the context for my statements.

Here's a recap for you:

1. About the Pac...People said that the Pac would never take TCU, mostly citing the religious angle, comparisons to BYU and Baylor, etc. I posted (and stand by it 100%), that this is not true. I did not say that the TCU joining the Pac was imminent. I also said that TCU was by no means the Pac's first choice. I did say that TCU has not been ruled out or eliminated from consideration if the Pac were to expand. It's a fact.

2. About the SEC. People said that the SEC would never take TCU, citing...well...drivel, mostly. I posted (and stand by it 100%), that the SEC has vetted TCU and there have been conversations (all the way back to last year) between the parties. It's a fact.

3. About the "conspiracy". I said (and stand by it 100%) that the Big 12 floated to the SEC a trial balloon that they would ease A&M's path if the SEC would agree in principle to not pursue expansion with other Texas teams. At the time, I said "TCU" because that's all that was relevant to the conversation here. As you can see by the new commissioner's comments before...and after...the Big 12 meeting yesterday, there is a resistance from the Big 12 to add any Texas teams. I also said all bets are off, and if you notice, there has been no movement/updates with A&M's situation. It's very quite. If people aren't smart enough to see the connection (A&M is talking to the Big12), then I can only shrug my shoulders.

4. About where TCU would land, I said that there were several plans already laid, and the course TCU would take will be 100% contingent upon what UT and OU did...that this is the first domino that had to fall. One of the scenarios was that the Big 12 were to stay together. I said if that happened, that TCU would go to the Big 12. Two things...first, that was before the SEC/Big 12 "conspiracy". The main reason the Big 12 would take TCU is because of the potential for the SEC (or even ACC) to take TCU. However, when they realized that they could leverage releasing A&M against the SEC, that changed everything. Nobody saw that coming. Second, nobody saw the ACC being so aggressive so quickly. That, combined with the Pac shutting down, changed all of the variables.

It is feasible for someone to be right about something at the time, especially when we are dealing with so many if-then situations, and end up wrong because the circumstances changed.

All that said, I believed then...and I still believe...that when it's all said and done, TCU's value as a commodity will be enough to get into one of the major conferences. Either the Big 12 will take TCU so that nobody else can, or somebody else is going to take TCU. People way smarter and knowledgeable that all of us have everything plotted. When the variables and conditions change, they adapt.

The college football landscape is a veritable battlefield, and conference alignments are like military campaigns. They are wrought with misinformation, minefields, subversion, unholy alliances, propaganda and skullduggery. There are air raids, submarine torpedoes, stealth attacks, and even gorilla warfare. Hell, there are even a few rogue elements at play. I have tried to mainly address issues of misinformation, define the battlefield parameters, and share some intel with you. And I all I have gotten in return is doubt, ad hominem attacks, and no appreciation.

So...I have made the decision to stop sharing information here. I'll keep it to myself...sit back...and watch. One of these days, there will be a book, or a tell-all article (like the one that just came out about the SWC demise), and you will see that everything I have said is/was accurate, at least at the time it was said.

By the way, good game, Frogs.

P

PurpleDaze

Wes IS right. Which gets me all the way back to my original comments in this thread which were that the words of the interim commish on Gameday today were nothing we didn't already know. Texas has concerns about us being a prominent player in D1 football. Check.
Overstating the obvious is not a novel idea ... even when you do it more than once

FROGDADDY

Find something I said that isn't correct?

I think what you call me being wrong is actually a result of people inferring things or misinterpreting the context for my statements.

Here's a recap for you:

1. About the Pac...People said that the Pac would never take TCU, mostly citing the religious angle, comparisons to BYU and Baylor, etc. I posted (and stand by it 100%), that this is not true. I did not say that the TCU joining the Pac was imminent. I also said that TCU was by no means the Pac's first choice. I did say that TCU has not been ruled out or eliminated from consideration if the Pac were to expand. It's a fact.

2. About the SEC. People said that the SEC would never take TCU, citing...well...drivel, mostly. I posted (and stand by it 100%), that the SEC has vetted TCU and there have been conversations (all the way back to last year) between the parties. It's a fact.

3. About the "conspiracy". I said (and stand by it 100%) that the Big 12 floated to the SEC a trial balloon that they would ease A&M's path if the SEC would agree in principle to not pursue expansion with other Texas teams. At the time, I said "TCU" because that's all that was relevant to the conversation here. As you can see by the new commissioner's comments before...and after...the Big 12 meeting yesterday, there is a resistance from the Big 12 to add any Texas teams. I also said all bets are off, and if you notice, there has been no movement/updates with A&M's situation. It's very quite. If people aren't smart enough to see the connection (A&M is talking to the Big12), then I can only shrug my shoulders.

4. About where TCU would land, I said that there were several plans already laid, and the course TCU would take will be 100% contingent upon what UT and OU did...that this is the first domino that had to fall. One of the scenarios was that the Big 12 were to stay together. I said if that happened, that TCU would go to the Big 12. Two things...first, that was before the SEC/Big 12 "conspiracy". The main reason the Big 12 would take TCU is because of the potential for the SEC (or even ACC) to take TCU. However, when they realized that they could leverage releasing A&M against the SEC, that changed everything. Nobody saw that coming. Second, nobody saw the ACC being so aggressive so quickly. That, combined with the Pac shutting down, changed all of the variables.

It is feasible for someone to be right about something at the time, especially when we are dealing with so many if-then situations, and end up wrong because the circumstances changed.

All that said, I believed then...and I still believe...that when it's all said and done, TCU's value as a commodity will be enough to get into one of the major conferences. Either the Big 12 will take TCU so that nobody else can, or somebody else is going to take TCU. People way smarter and knowledgeable that all of us have everything plotted. When the variables and conditions change, they adapt.

The college football landscape is a veritable battlefield, and conference alignments are like military campaigns. They are wrought with misinformation, minefields, subversion, unholy alliances, propaganda and skullduggery. There are air raids, submarine torpedoes, stealth attacks, and even gorilla warfare. Hell, there are even a few rogue elements at play. I have tried to mainly address issues of misinformation, define the battlefield parameters, and share some intel with you. And I all I have gotten in return is doubt, ad hominem attacks, and no appreciation.

So...I have made the decision to stop sharing information here. I'll keep it to myself...sit back...and watch. One of these days, there will be a book, or a tell-all article (like the one that just came out about the SWC demise), and you will see that everything I have said is/was accurate, at least at the time it was said.

By the way, good game, Frogs.
I'll give you that I can't prove that any of that isn't correct, although I will say that the definitive "NO" from Aggie president about returning to the B12 seems to put an end to that question. That being said I'm having a hard time finding anything in here that you can prove IS correct either. We may never know.

froghair

This is nothing more than a theory but it makes sense to me. Consider that whoever Dodds supports for conference inclusion, he needs them to be another bevo minion who will help maintain the whorns death grip on the conference.

TCU represents a school who happens to be an example of what you can do outside of bevo's shadow. Unlike bevo's current Big 12 minions, TCU knows that success can be achieved without bevo's assets, without bevo's help and without bevo's conference. In short, we aren't beholden to bevo in the least. Our fans, including myself are quite proud of that little fact but that is not the sign of a good minion.

If Dodds is ever going to acquiesce and vote for TCU's admission, he needs to "minion us up" so that we won't be a threat to his control. He will only vote for an ally, not for a potential adversary. To that end, he needs TCU to be "beholden to bevo". We aren't now so he votes ney as do his minions. But if he gets on the phone with CDC and says we might change our vote but you will have to do A,B,C & D before that happens. I don't even want to think what A,B,C & D are but it will all be designed to designed to mold us into the subservient minon that bevo wants and needs.

In the end, if TCU is willing to conform to bevo's demands and Dodds does vote for TCU inclusion, TCU is forever grateful to the Big C that is bevo and we are back in the minion fold.

If we say bite me, well, better start building the Big East back up.

Tuck Fexas