• The KillerFrogs

Chuck LaMendola's Radio Call of the Grand Slam

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jul 1 2010, 06:30 PM) [snapback]592215[/snapback]
Chuck got psyched badly by the CF ...

Chuck and everybody else in the stadium. Listen to the crowd. Big roar....... big swoon.......huge roar.

EEFrog

QUOTE(hornedfrogboy41 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:21 PM) [snapback]592249[/snapback]
Does anybody know how to make it into a mp3?

It's already an MP3, just right click the link on your mouse and click the Save As option, and it should be good to go.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jul 1 2010, 07:32 PM) [snapback]592235[/snapback]
Chuck and everybody else in the stadium. Listen to the crowd. Big roar....... big swoon.......huge roar.

Was thinking the same thing, fooled the ENTIRE crowd. Actually detracts from the call a bit I think, but still fun to listen to.

Frogenstein

I was there in the TCU section down the first base line and the center fielder fooled me as well. While I did lose the ball off the bat I knew Curry hit it hard so I watched the center fielder and when he went back and then 'camped under it' my heart sank. Talk about a change in emotion as I saw the fans in the stands scrambling in vain for the ball as it left the park.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Chuck and everybody else in the stadium.

And everyone watching on TV ... :biggrin:

Frog79

I guess I was one of the few who did not see the CF camp out near the wall. I was sitting on the 1st base side and I knew the ball was gone as soon as it left the bat. I was too busy jumping up and down and screaming to notice the outfielder, lol.

sous vide

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 09:26 AM) [snapback]592388[/snapback]
Anybody who knows baseball knew that ball was long gone when Curry hit it and by his reaction after the swing.

and even by the sound. I was celebrating and the cf did nothing to stop my celebration.

It was just plain crushed.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jul 2 2010, 08:27 AM) [snapback]592406[/snapback]
Considering the center fielder even fooled Matt I don't feel too bad about being fooled.

And he fooled Coach Schlossnagle for that matter

It was one of those deals where the second it came off the bat, you KNEW it was gone, it was a no doubter.... but for that split second when the CF camped "underneath" it, you started to doubt your own judgement just a little. I was still about 70% sure it was gone when the CF fooled us, but I certainly quit jumping up and down like a 7th grade cheerleader for just a second.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The way it sounded and looked off the bat, everyone knew instantly that was gone ... just that one moment when the CF stopped and looked up ... damn him for doing that to us.

Yeah, Curry even said for a split second he wondered what was going on when he saw Holt turn and look like he was going to catch it ...

Spike

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jul 2 2010, 02:12 PM) [snapback]592452[/snapback]
The way it sounded and looked off the bat, everyone knew instantly that was gone ... just that one moment when the CF stopped and looked up ... damn him for doing that to us.

Yeah, Curry even said for a split second he wondered what was going on when he saw Holt turn and look like he was going to catch it ...

That may very well have been the ultimate Ha Taaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swimmerbabe11

Anybody who knows baseball knew that ball was long gone when Curry hit it and by his reaction after the swing.

lol, I am glad other people refuted this remark.

I thought it was gone..and I was yelling in the restaurant "dear god keep going keep going oh [Deleted] he's got no keep going" cause I thought it was gone but that boy psyched me out.

The announcers, chuck, half the stadium, even curry were fooled by that...I think a few of those people know baseball.

the center fielder actually told Curry that he never even saw it! He just wanted them to slow down running just in case!!