• The KillerFrogs

Chris Fowler on Saturday Night Football

Purp

ftwfrog said:
Fowler is no Musberger. I've watched less Saturday night football since Big Game Brent moved to the SEC network.
Doesn't that have less to do with Fowler replacing Musberger and more to do with a bunch of 2:30/3:00 starts for TCU this year?

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
I was never a huge fan of Musberger but he delivered what is probably the greatest line of anyone calling a TCU game: "Oh man did you see that?  That was the Tank baby!"

I bought the itunes version of the Rose Bowl and will skip to that play all the time.

Of course that might be replaced now with: "Doctson again.  No He Didn't!"

OmniscienceFrog

Purp said:
Am I the only one who's not a Gus Johnson fan?  I've seen a lot of love for him here, but he annoys me.  He's too over-the-top and the hyperbole from that guy goes on into perpetuity.

I think CF is the best guy for the job.
I like Gus Johnson, but I can understand how some don't.  I can take the over exuberance of Johnson where I can't stand it in others.  Overall I really prefer the lower key guys.  My favorite play by play guy in college football these days is Brad Nessler.  Used to like Ron Franklin too although I know a lot of folks will hate him because of his Longhorn ties.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Purp said:
Am I the only one who's not a Gus Johnson fan?  I've seen a lot of love for him here, but he annoys me.  He's too over-the-top and the hyperbole from that guy goes on into perpetuity.

I think CF is the best guy for the job.

Gus Johnson needs to die.  His screaming BS is completely stupid.  I turn the volume off or change the channel when he is on.  

Fowler was great.  Having him there rather than Brent, Jesse Palmer or some other spare is a breath of fresh air.

Frog-in-law1995

Keith Jackson.

F2BA2BE9-1F2E-46DB-AB83-73E36926BCEE.gif

You may now go back to your trifling Fowler vs. Johnson vs. Musberger debate.

tcudoc

Fred Garvin said:

Gus Johnson needs to die.  His screaming BS is completely stupid.  I turn the volume off or change the channel when he is on.  

Fowler was great.  Having him there rather than Brent, Jesse Palmer or some other spare is a breath of fresh air.
Pretty aggressive.  It's okay to just "not like him."

purpleeyefrog

I was never a huge fan of Musberger but he delivered what is probably the greatest line of anyone calling a TCU game: "Oh man did you see that? That was the Tank baby!"

" That HURT from up here Herbie"!

Latest posts