• The KillerFrogs

Chris Fowler on Saturday Night Football

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
I guess to quote Norm I have been "living in a country with no TV" because I missed the announcement that Fowler would be doing Saturday Night Football.  So what does everyone think about the job he's doing?  I think he's fine.  It seemed like a natural fit. 

I thought he did okay during the WVU game.. didn't blow me away, but didn't do a terrible job..

he did say "Jared Oberkrom" tho

I still think Gus Johnson and Herbie would be the best ever

Purp

Am I the only one who's not a Gus Johnson fan?  I've seen a lot of love for him here, but he annoys me.  He's too over-the-top and the hyperbole from that guy goes on into perpetuity.

I think CF is the best guy for the job.

Purp said:
Am I the only one who's not a Gus Johnson fan?  I've seen a lot of love for him here, but he annoys me.  He's too over-the-top and the hyperbole from that guy goes on into perpetuity.

PAUL DAWSON!!!! WHAT A PLAY!!!!! TOUCHDOWN TCU!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

Purp

ArgyleFrog2010 said:

PAUL DAWSON!!!! WHAT A PLAY!!!!! TOUCHDOWN TCU!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!
For his interceptions this may be appropriate.  Unfortunately you get this kind of thing from Gus on 1 yard TD runs by big backs on the 3rd try.  It's just too much for me.

maximilian

Purp said:

You're entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

jake102

Love Gus Johnson. Closest to being at a game you can get while watching on TV

Herbstreit is the best knowledge broadcaster in the game. Guy talks about the X & Os better than anybody else and clearly does his homework before each game.

bc puckett

Purp said:

You are not alone. He's an instant mute button for me.

Lomez

I'm not the grumpy old man that presses mute, but I honestly don't pay much attention to what any broadcasters are saying when I'm watching a game on TV.  

I do know that TCU fans are incredibly lucky to have a home radio crew as good as ours.  They are top-notch.

Purp

TCUSA said:
Yeah--not sure how you can like Estridge and not Gus. Very similar styles IMO.
One is a homer for one side and not the other because he's supposed to be.  The other sounds like a homer for everybody and it wears me out.  And I think Gus' definition of amazing is much closer to Estridge's definition of good.

pgdaly84

Jake102 said:
Love Gus Johnson. Closest to being at a game you can get while watching on TV

Herbstreit is the best knowledge broadcaster in the game. Guy talks about the X & Os better than anybody else and clearly does his homework before each game.
Agreed on Herbie. He can be a Big 10 homer sometimes on Gameday etc., but he's an excellent in game analyst. He is always ultra prepared and knows the teams inside and out. Gus's partner, Charles Davis is also good, and frankly, the most surprisingly good color guy of the year for me was Brady Quinn. He was very prepared and called Doctson's one handed catch on the fade route in the Minnesota game before it happened. Was very impressed with his insights and preparation.