• The KillerFrogs

Chris Barnett TE

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
The OU commit (has a TCU offer) originally went to Garland as a freshman then to A. Maceo Smith where his dad coaches and then made a surprising transfer to Euless Trinity and now has dropped out of school per the Dallas Moring News. BTW, he attended the NIKE camp at TCU and received a USC offer...

From the DMN

Elzie Barnett said Wednesday that his son isn't enrolled in any school right now and living with his grandmother. Chris Barnett played his sophomore and junior seasons at A. Maceo Smith. He spent his freshman year at Garland while living with Elzie's mother.

"I have no idea what he wants to do," Elzie Barnett said. "I don't want to talk to a reporter about why he withdrew from school. Without talking about his personal business, being away from Euless, Texas, is the best thing for Chris Barnett."

Elzie Barnett said the family has a retreat planned for this weekend where they'll go down to New Braunfels and meet to talk about where Chris wants to enroll in school.

Elzie said that "more than likely" he'll end up back at A. Maceo Smith.

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 15 2010, 07:00 AM) [snapback]544947[/snapback]
The OU commit (has a TCU offer) originally went to Garland as a freshman then to A. Maceo Smith where his dad coaces and then made a surprising transfer to Euless Trinity and now has dropped out of school per the Dallas Moring News. BTW, he attended the NIKE camp at TCU and received a USC offer...

From the DMN

Elzie Barnett said Wednesday that his son isn't enrolled in any school right now and living with his grandmother. Chris Barnett played his sophomore and junior seasons at A. Maceo Smith. He spent his freshman year at Garland while living with Elzie's mother.

"I have no idea what he wants to do," Elzie Barnett said. "I don't want to talk to a reporter about why he withdrew from school. Without talking about his personal business, being away from Euless, Texas, is the best thing for Chris Barnett."

Elzie Barnett said the family has a retreat planned for this weekend where they'll go down to New Braunfels and meet to talk about where Chris wants to enroll in school.

Elzie said that "more than likely" he'll end up back at A. Maceo Smith.

Interesting news, I head read on another site that even though this kid is currently commited to OU that we still had a decent chance at getting him.

Frog_Fan71

Looking at his current Rivals picture, he looks like a young man with something very heavy weighing on his mind. The eyes tell more than anything.

CHRISBARNETT2N10150.JPG

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Apr 15 2010, 08:43 AM) [snapback]544953[/snapback]
Looking at his current Rivals picture, he looks like a young man with something very heavy weighing on his mind. The eyes tell more than anything.

If I remember correctly, everything I've read about him says that he's a bright, engaging kid. His dad is a head football coach and really likes the Frogs.

I think it's just a bad picture man.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Apr 15 2010, 08:43 AM) [snapback]544953[/snapback]

CHRISBARNETT2N10150.JPG

much agreed........hope the kid gets it back together, not sure it's worth it for the Frogs?

Frog_Fan71

When I came to the Spring 2009 practices, he was at a couple of them. He seemed really jacked about watching the Frogs. He kept talking about wanting to get "out there," but like most, that's just the competitor in him, just laughing and smiling and kidding around with his A. M. S. friends that came.

He seems like a great kid. I hope no ill comes to him.

Mike Brooks

Looks Talibanish without the turbin thingy and the AK 47. Sure its just me though. Too much time spent reading Steefrog and BoB posts probably brainwashed me.

TPIRocks

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 15 2010, 10:59 AM) [snapback]545045[/snapback]
Looks Talibanish without the turbin thingy and the AK 47. Sure its just me though. Too much time spent reading Steefrog and BoB posts probably brainwashed me.

Surprised DMN is just now on this. This has been in the works since March, they gotta keep up.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(TPIRocks @ Apr 15 2010, 05:39 PM) [snapback]545130[/snapback]
Surprised DMN is just now on this. This has been in the works since March, they gotta keep up.

yep, old news.