• The KillerFrogs

Chip Brown ranks UT number one team in Big 12 (over OU)!

1. Texas

I know. I know. Put down the orange-colored glasses. But the Longhorns are better than Oklahoma. Sorry. In a bad Big 12 this season, I'm convinced if Texas doesn't commit the third-down penalties, UT wins that game with OU.

2. Nebraska

The pressure was too much for the Cornhuskers last weekend against Texas. Now, they have to pick up their shattered spirits to fend off the upset at Oklahoma State this weekend. (I'm not sure Nebraska can do that. Are you ready for that upset. I'm feeling it right now.)

3. Missouri

Mizzou is second nationally in scoring defense (10.8 ppg) and fourth in sacks (3.3 pg) because the Tigers have a ton of speed on defense. They also have the best quarterback in the Big 12 in Blaine Gabbert. OK, I'm calling it right now: Mizzou knocks off OU this weekend.

4. Oklahoma

The Sooners No. 1 in the BCS? That's a total joke. OU will lose at Mizzou this weekend.

5. Oklahoma State

Brandon Weeden is completing 69 percent of his passes; RB Kendall Hunter is No. 5 nationally averaging 138 rushing yards per game; and WR Justin Blackmon has become THE story for the Cowboys. Blackmon is No. 1 nationally in receiving yards per game (159.2 ypg) and No. 2 nationally in receptions per game (9.5 pg).

6. Kansas State

Bill Snyder and Co. demoralized Kansas last week. Now, the Wildcats have to go to Waco and keep the Bears from becoming bowl eligible. This will actually be a good game.

7. Baylor

By virtue of going on the road and beating Colorado and moving within a game of bowl eligibility at 5-2, the Bears move ahead of Texas Tech this week.

8. Texas A&M

Just in time … a road trip to sad-sack Kansas to distract the Aggies from firing up the web sites firemikesherman.com or benchjerrodjohnson.com.

9. Texas Tech

The Red Raiders are injured and now have to keep from fracturing this week at Colorado. Yikes. Team Leach is gaining confidence out in Lubbock.

10. Colorado

One week after the CU fans rushed the field because of a home win over Georgia, the Buffs were back to complaining with the loss at home to Baylor.

11. Iowa State

Paul Rhoads' teams play hard. They may not be as talented. But they play hard.

12. Kansas

Wow. Turner Gill already on the hot seat at KU? No. But his curfew is.

SnoSki

not even worth a legitimate comment. TCU has bigger issues than what UT is ranked by a UT fansite's lead writer.

TCUFrogs

Umm. OU beat UT. That means you can't say your team is better. It must be that logic class Chip went to while playing tennis at SMU.

FROGDADDY

Umm. OU beat UT. That means you can't say your team is better. It must be that logic class Chip went to while playing tennis at SMU.

The biggest problem with his rankings isn't that he thinks Texas is better than OU, it's that he thinks that Mizzou and Nebraska are too.

BABYFACE

He is a writer for a Rivals UT site, a job any of us could have got 5 years ago if we applied. It started out as fans writing for free then became a paid gig based on the number of subscriptions. That is why when it comes to Rival's ranking recruiting classes, don't put too much stock into it.

Seriously, outside of UT fans why would anyone and the media take this guy seriously?