• The KillerFrogs

Chick-Fil-A coming to BLUU this fall

SuperToad

crunch said:
No, complainers are always louder than non-complainers.  And usually the vast minority. 
I'd be more than happy to speak up that the food is good. But it's not. It's average on good days, and bad the rest. Guarantee if you took a survey, the majority of the student body would say exactly what I said.

joejordan

SuperToad said:
I'd be more than happy to speak up that the food is good. But it's not. It's average on good days, and bad the rest. Guarantee if you took a survey, the student body would say exactly what I said.
You guarantee it, huh? 

joejordan

Hughes Your Daddy said:
I think you're post about undercutting potential profits and yada yada had a fairly condescending tone that could be considered insulting to someone that disagreed with you.

Not me though. I'm like a rhino, thick skinned and horny. But in a horned frog way, not in a...uh, that comparison didnt translate like I hoped.
Yeah, I'm like that too.  Some people are very sensitive, and I don't mesh well with them.  But I like them. 

joejordan

SuperToad said:
Surveys are done every year.  They do not reflect your assumptions.  Are there areas for improvement?  Yes. 

Are the surveys acted upon, and changes made, every year?  Yes. 

Are you still going to make the guarantee claim?  Yes. 

Hughes Your Daddy

I think the real question is, why did they drop the H? Was sodexho too vulgar? Or are they just trying to do their part to rid the world of the always stupid silent letter?

joejordan

Hughes Your Daddy said:
I think the real question is, why did they drop the H? Was sodexho too vulgar? Or are they just trying to do their part to rid the world of the always stupid silent letter?
They're French.  Who knows why they do stupid stuff. 

SuperToad

crunch said:
Surveys are done every year.  They do not reflect your assumptions.  Are there areas for improvement?  Yes. 

Are the surveys acted upon, and changes made, every year?  Yes. 

Are you still going to make the guarantee claim?  Yes. 
I have never seen a survey about whether Sodexo provides great tasting quality food. But okay, pal.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I ate in the U once after it opened - liked it. Definitely better than the 70's - ARA, Marriott, feathers still stuck on the fried chicken, staff telling students to get F'd. Ahh, good ole days.

rifram09

illini_frog said:
Sodexo represents everything that is wrong with the food industry today
I didn't realize anything was wrong with the food industry today... I know we have some hunger issues... But that is a distribution/ charity issue, not good industry issue.

illini_frog

Rifram09 said:
I didn't realize anything was wrong with the food industry today... I know we have some hunger issues... But that is a distribution/ charity issue, not good industry issue.

Yeah, our food industry has nothing to do with the declining health of our population. GMOs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, preservatives, and the marketing of "low-fat" sugar-filled cereals to children and families is perfectly fine. 

FrogsMcGee

All this talk is making me miss the days of dorm food.
-grill Sundays at Pond St grill
-pints of blue bell from frog bytes
-meatball sub from sub connection
-anything from deco deli

rifram09

illini_frog said:

Yeah, our food industry has nothing to do with the declining health of our population. GMOs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, preservatives, and the marketing of "low-fat" sugar-filled cereals to children and families is perfectly fine. 
ahhh... I gotcha.  Ya, I'm not a dietician so I don't know enough about exactly what is good for most people.  In fact, even dieticians seem to disagree.  I'll defer to your apparent greater level of expertise on the issue.  Even so, the only things that will change it is (a) more education, and/or (b) greater governmental regulation which means higher taxes to provide more oversight.  Both require initiative and $$$$.

Frogs01

illini_frog said:

You have a good
point, but how about personal responsibility? People should know that junk food, etc is bad for your health, but a lot of people still eat it to excess.

Lone Frog

ShadowFrog said:
I ate in the U once after it opened - liked it. Definitely better than the 70's - ARA, Marriott, feathers still stuck on the fried chicken, staff telling students to get F'd. Ahh, good ole days.
Ugh. Marriott. Bad memories of a two-day bender of food poisoning. Can't comment on the current food available on campus, but would bet heavy it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

My Buddy Steve

crunch said:
Man, I can't believe all these horror stories about Sodexo not letting innocent people undercut their potential sales and profits simply because they wanted to!  How dare a for-profit business insist on contract adherence, especially when a large portion of the managers' remuneration is bonus-based (reducing costs or increasing sales).

Seems to me there are lots of competitive options for fundraiser locations and awards ceremonies, that would likely also charge for their use and services, nearby. 
As usual you're missing the boat. The difference is with fundraisers and ceremonies that people "non-Sodexo employees" are the ones generating the sales for the events and Sodexo has nothing to do with it.
If these were events at a pre existing POS (point of sale) station , I would understand. But it's not.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
crunch said:
Man, I can't believe all these horror stories about Sodexo not letting innocent people undercut their potential sales and profits simply because they wanted to!  How dare a for-profit business insist on contract adherence, especially when a large portion of the managers' remuneration is bonus-based (reducing costs or increasing sales).

Seems to me there are lots of competitive options for fundraiser locations and awards ceremonies, that would likely also charge for their use and services, nearby. 

Look, I only elaborated because YOU asked why.  Interesting that you used the term "competitive" and "contract adherence" in the same response, since their contract prevents competition.  I didn't need their product or service, yet they threatened to cancel my event because I wouldn't bend to their monopolistic demand.  By the way, an award ceremony is quite a bit different than a promotion ceremony in the military, but I guess you wouldn't know about that.  I'll let you get back to peddling your potato chips.

ftwfrog

How are students now complaining about the food options? Can't you use your meal card at Buffalo Bros, fuzzys, smoothie king, potbelly, toppers, einsteins, etc etc etc ????