• The KillerFrogs

Check Out GP's Tweet...

Limp Lizard

GP's recognition of the fans reminds me of another TCU coach.  Remember how Billy Tubbs would come over to the visitor's section after a winning away game and applaud the TCU fans and otherwise recognize their effort?

DannyAdelante

Land Frog said:
Please quit bashing the police unless you know all the details. They have a tough job and put a bullet proof vest on each day when they go to work. Life is dangerous in their line of work.

Police officers need to be able to control their environment for their own safety and the safety of others. If poo were to hit the fan in a stadium environment it could be devastating. My seats are near the student section because I like the atmosphere but that doesn't mean students can do whatever they want.
They have a tough job sometimes, so let them abuse their power every now and again to relieve their stress.  Sense.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Danny Adelante said:
They have a tough job sometimes, so let them abuse their power every now and again to relieve their stress.  Sense.
Just try being in their shoes before you judge. You nor I know what happened there or other times.

ifrog

Land Frog said:
Just try being in their shoes before you judge. You nor I know what happened there or other times.

I think his point is that they sometimes abuse their power which is a fact. Its also a fact that kids will be kids and don't respect the law. It may or may not be the case here but lets not act like the police never abuse their power.

mc1502

History would suggest that the cop likely thought the kid taped a dime bag to the ball before throwing it. 

I would bet my mortgage that the cop got pissed off because he perceived that some rich, snot nosed kid didn't jump high enough at his demands.   Tossing a kid out of a game for something like that is wrong.  

Purp

We also know they volunteer for all this extra overtime on easy assignments like TCU football games to inflate their annual income for enough years that it permanently inflates their pension payout for life.  This allows them to retire earlier and live even higher on the hog in retirement on the backs of the people of Fort Worth.

To be clear, I don't begrudge police officers for taking advantage of the incentives offered to them; it's a very capitalist move by them to do so.  I do have a beef with cops who get so krunk on cushy overtime gigs that they escalate innocuous situations just b/c they enjoy exercising their power.  Watching the video I have no idea why the cop thought he needed to go down there in the first place.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Wow. The way some of you despise police officers is sad. Most officers use off duty jobs to supplement their income to pay for things their families need since off duty pay is higher than duty pay. Fortunately, an officer does ask how you feel about them before they serve the community. They serve to keep people safer. I will continue to thank them for what they do.

mc1502

Land Frog said:
Wow. The way some of you despise police officers is sad. Most officers use off duty jobs to supplement their income to pay for things their families need since off duty pay is higher than duty pay. Fortunately, an officer does ask how you feel about them before they serve the community. They serve to keep people safer. I will continue to thank them for what they do.
Most officers are wonderful.    Some, not so much.   I'm sorry to say that life experience has given me a short leash with any officer that comes close to stepping over his authority.   

Purp

Land Frog said:
Look, I already said I don't have a beef with them working the cushy overtime gigs.  I would too.  I also don't "despise police officers" as a group, which is the implication of your comment.  There were probably a half dozen cops in and around that area of the student section that didn't think it was worth stepping into that situation.  Those are the good ones.  The cops are there to serve and protect, but this particular cop wasn't serving anybody but himself and he wasn't protecting anybody from anything dangerous either.  He was just being a [ Finebaum ] b/c he felt like it.