• The KillerFrogs

Charlie Strong continues to wield the ban hammer

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Here's my hope: The kids that played under Mack are used to partially running the show. Strongs act grows old with the leftovers from Mack, and their unhappiness spreads over to the freshman this year that don't know any better. Older kids start telling the freshman what a Richard he is (and they really think that because they were used to Macks style.) They have a sub-par season and kids start transferring to get away from Strong. Donors panic, recruits hear rumblings of everyone hating how Strong runs the team. Kids don't commit there and Charlie is mired in mediocrity because he can't get kids to buy into his system. He lasts 3 years, with the most wins being 7, and UT is set back another decade. Ahhhhhh, a man can dream.

BleedNPurple

Was thinking about the players that we sometimes think didn't commit because they weren't up to the discipline that CGP demands- many have slipped off to UT ( we were thinking a player like Gray may have been one of them.) maybe we have a chance to hold onto a few more of them with Strong there? Who knows - time will tell. Maybe Strong will drop 10 more off the team before the season opens.

OldSchoolFrog

This. Guy. Scares. Me.  

If CGP could get done with 2&3 stars who had Frog Factor and bought into a disciplined system, then imagine what could happen with the brand and recruiting draw that Texas holds and he found himself with 4&5s that had less knucklehead and more system / team thinking.  

I'd argue though, that despite us all wanting to sink Texas; a strong UT that brings to the State of Texas football a brand of old school disciplined football will be a rising tide that floats boats like TCU under CGP and sinks ones like BU under AB.  

Or maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon who thinks coaches wielding power over lives was a good thing, and over overinfluential soccer parents and me first kids  are the answer to the world's problems.  

Limey Frog

OldSchoolFrog said:
This. Guy. Scares. Me.  

If CGP could get done with 2&3 stars who had Frog Factor and bought into a disciplined system, then imagine what could happen with the brand and recruiting draw that Texas holds and he found himself with 4&5s that had less knucklehead and more system / team thinking.

Yup. As FOAP outlined, we're hoping this thing works out like Rich-Rod at michigan rather than Saban at Alabama. Being a pessimist I'm assuming the latter. I hope for the former, but I think UT has a poor season this year, around 500. and starts to win big in 2015. I think this guy can get 4/5* talent to stay out of trouble without relying on Teasip judges to throw out their battery/rape charges. If he can, it could get ugly for the rest of us.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
OldSchoolFrog said:
This. Guy. Scares. Me.  

I'd argue though, that despite us all wanting to sink Texas; a strong UT that brings to the State of Texas football a brand of old school disciplined football will be a rising tide that floats boats like TCU under CGP and sinks ones like BU under AB.  

Or maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon who thinks coaches wielding power over lives was a good thing, and over overinfluential soccer parents and me first kids  are the answer to the world's problems.  
I have to disagree. I don't want UT becoming a power school again. I want ZERO part of that. Although, I think he's going to get it done, I'm hoping for what I posted earlier.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Frogs On A Plane said:
I'm guessing the rules specifically applies to handguns. Can you imagine GP over the years telling some of the cornfed country boys they can't hunt?
I am guessing the rules specifically apply to using guns illegally, possessing them illegally and using them to commit crimes.

#comeonguys

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
TopFrog said:
I am guessing the rules specifically apply to using guns illegally, possessing them illegally and using them to commit crimes.

#comeonguys

Nothing about "no guns" makes me think that he is just talking about using guns illegally and to commit crimes.  I could be wrong, but that's not the way I take it....

berryfrog95 said:
You may be right about James, there was also Jenkins, the transfer from LSU who was perceived as a starter.....
Most people won't remember him, as he wasn't here long enough to get on the field, but friend of mine was told by GMFP that Jenkins was one of the most talented players that he'd ever had.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Frogs On A Plane said:

Nothing about "no guns" makes me think that he is just talking about using guns illegally and to commit crimes.  I could be wrong, but that's not the way I take it....
Gun and done. Commit a gun-related offense and adios.

Frogcrates

No what?!!

OpenCarryTX.jpg