• The KillerFrogs

Chandler Morris in the Portal

PineyWoodsFrog

CM doesn't want to compete here, for a job he has previously won twice. I doubt he wants to compete. He is looking for anointing as the guy.
If Hoover is the guy that everybody says he is, there is nothing to compete for. I've heard for 2 years now that CM isn't good. He's been constantly bashed by the fan base and Sonny's evaluation process has been heavily criticized TWICE for naming Chandler the starter. What does he prove by staying here? The whole "competing for the job" thing is thrown around way too loosely. Competing for a job means you actually have a chance to win the job, which he doesn't. The notion that Hoover is the guy, but CM should stay to compete makes absolutely no sense to me. We get so stoked about our transfer portal rankings, which is made up heavily of guys that quit their last team bcuz they didn't want to compete, but we criticize CM for doing the same? We are not that good of a program to be so entitled to feel that players should never leave us, but rejoice in players leaving other schools to join us.

crankuptheenolagay

Let’s slow the roll with Hejny…it’s not like Aledo has a great track record for producing productive college players. The Colorado State kid could be the beginning of change in that, however.

I want Hejny to be great but I definitely will not be anointing him whatsoever until he’s played a full season.
I would have liked to see what Jonathan Grey
would have done at TCU instead of that cesspool of unrealized talent he went to.

East Coast

Tier 1
If Hoover is the guy that everybody says he is, there is nothing to compete for. I've heard for 2 years now that CM isn't good. He's been constantly bashed by the fan base and Sonny's evaluation process has been heavily criticized TWICE for naming Chandler the starter. What does he prove by staying here? The whole "competing for the job" thing is thrown around way too loosely. Competing for a job means you actually have a chance to win the job, which he doesn't. The notion that Hoover is the guy, but CM should stay to compete makes absolutely no sense to me. We get so stoked about our transfer portal rankings, which is made up heavily of guys that quit their last team bcuz they didn't want to compete, but we criticize CM for doing the same? We are not that good of a program to be so entitled to feel that players should never leave us, but rejoice in players leaving other schools to join us.
I don't ever remember bashing Chandler as bad, all I said was that he hadn't played enough to know, and really had played only 1 game where he excelled. He was at least an average QB, I lean towards above average, and was far far down the list of problems with our team.
Good luck to him wherever he goes, unless it is to a team we play or another in conference.

westoverhillbilly

He really shined in his first start against Baylor in '21 but just wasn't consistent and turned into a red zone turnover machine this year. Three injuries in three years wasn't his fault but it showed that he was very injury prone. I don't say this about many outgoing portal guys, but I do wish him well.

Sangria Wine

Any ideas or news as to what schools are sniffing around him?
Was curious as well. I have no beef with Chandler Morris and wish him well. I have thought he might go to Tarleton and be a star for a year at the lower level of D1 and just have fun playing football again. Tarleton has been getting some consistent transfers for quite a while now at QB especially. Todd Whitten has done a good job with the D1 transition.

AroundWorldFrog

Glad Max and Josh didn't feel the same.

FloridaFrog76129

I agree. No disrespect in this statement, but physically and athletically speaking he seems better suited to North Texas, Sam Houston State, Tarleton State, Stephen F Austin, etc. I hope he has a monster season next year and stays healthy!
He has the same frame as Hauss Hejny…

Both are 5”11 ~180 as HS grads

ShadowFrog

Moderators
He can announce at any time, but he can't sign until May when he graduates.

He wants to graduate from TCU and obviously he can't sign with anyone til he graduates. Wanted to get his name out there I suspect to get ahead of next fall's curve.
I admit, I do not know all the rules of transfer portal and NCAA, etc. but at least it shows Chandler understands the value having a degree from Texas Christian University rather than from North Texas. He may not play in the pros or Europe so he still has to go to work and the degree from TCU should help.