• The KillerFrogs

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

82 Frog Fever

Back when TCU was in a non-P5 conference this is the type of BCS/CFP result we always wanted. An undefeated P5 conference champion gets left out.
The playoffs this year are already questionable/illegitimate.
I never thought I’d see it, albeit 12 years too late.
Love the result.

hometown frog

Is this an in the know type of person or one of those that just starts rumors to get clicks and stuff? I know nothing of this person is why I ask is all.
He was early on the demise of the PAC w some details and then seemed tied into the Colorado move. So he’s not just some rando poster. Some of the things he tossed out did wind up being false but I don’t think it was because he made it up. I think some of his contacts began to use him as a smoke signal source.

so I tend to believe him if he says some ACC folks reached out to the Big XII last night

PineyWoodsFrog

My premise of Texas being left out was based on thinking there was no way FSU would be left out as an undefeated conference champ and an SEC champ with a win over #1 team would hold more weight in the strength of schedule over the Big 12 champ. I'm probably too much of a BCS purist, which I'm almost certain would have had Michigan, Washington, Alabama, Florida State. I know the committe is not the BCS. I just miss it and thought it was a pretty good system. It didn't take into account things such as an injured QB and what's the match-up people most want to see, which Boo Corrigan indirectly admitted by stating part of the process is asking former coaches and players in the room which teams they'd rather play or not play, meaning the teams they absolutely would not want to play (Texas) go in over teams they figure they would beat (FSU) to create better matchups to watch. I think this being part of the selection process is sickening.

jack the frog

He was early on the demise of the PAC w some details and then seemed tied into the Colorado move. So he’s not just some rando poster. Some of the things he tossed out did wind up being false but I don’t think it was because he made it up. I think some of his contacts began to use him as a smoke signal source.

so I tend to believe him if he says some ACC folks reached out to the Big XII last night
I think this is consistent with what you say, as I heard it his contact was an admin or associate in the CO athletic department that gave him a few tidbits early. That connection was shut down hard by the CO AD and consequently he was pretty well just spraying like everyone else later. I know the CO AD publicly repudiated him on Twitter and he removed some erroneous claims. One of the mildly interesting sidebars of that drama.

froginmn

It doesn't matter if he plays in the bowl game. Oregon will pulverize Liberty in the Fiesta bowl. Not many people are going to tune into that mismatch.
you-dumbass.gif

hometown frog

I think this is consistent with what you say, as I heard it his contact was an admin or associate in the CO athletic department that gave him a few tidbits early. That connection was shut down hard by the CO AD and consequently he was pretty well just spraying like everyone else later. I know the CO AD publicly repudiated him on Twitter and he removed some erroneous claims. One of the mildly interesting sidebars of that drama.
Yes. But I also think he’s got some connections within the big xii offices as he’s had some nuggets that weren’t tied to Colorado stuff thru this process. But CU was certainly his main connection.