• The KillerFrogs

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

Dogfrog

I am one who thinks who you lose to should be just as valuable as who you beat. Committee doesn't usually view it at that way tho, evidenced by Ohio State losing to a 6-6 Virgina Tech team at home by 2 TDs in '14. I thought this would be the main thing that got us in. I was wrong.
2014 was the year the Playoff Committee rallied their social influencers to flood college boards with all the reasons TCU wasn’t worthy. (JK)

Dogfrog

I think 4 is a lot better than 12. ;)

I don’t think you can leave Texas out. They beat Alabama. And I don’t think you can have CFP without an SEC team, would seem kinda cheap. Such chaos. I kinda like it.
I think it would be kind of cheap to have an unwritten rule that a certain conference must be included.

Last edited:
We might have a first this year with an undefeated P5 team, Florida State, getting left out. Alabama, Texas and Georgia may all be better than FSU without their #1 QB. The committee might see FSU is one dimensional now with only defense and not good enough to compete for a championship - only 219 yards of offense yesterday and 232 the week before versus Florida! The committee does not want a team in the playoff that can’t compete for the Championship, and maybe get walloped instead - it is their responsibility.

I too don’t think you can have this CFP without an SEC team - and one-loss SEC Champ Alabama just defeated #1 Georgia!!! And then it is difficult to leave Texas out - it was only the second game of the season, but Texas did soundly beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Texas

Last edited:

FrogBall09

I think it would be kind of cheap to have an unwritten rule that a certain conference must be included.
Except when that conference has won 70% of the NCs since the playoff started…

A crowned champion that didn’t have to beat an SEC team in the playoffs is illegitimate at this point in time

FrogBall09

We might have a first this year with an undefeated P5 team, Florida State, getting left out. Alabama, Texas and Georgia may all be better than FSU without their #1 QB. The committee might see FSU is one dimensional now with only defense and not good enough to compete for a championship - only 219 yards of offense yesterday and 232 the week before versus Florida! The committee does not want a team in the playoff that can’t compete for the Championship, and maybe get walloped instead - it is their responsibility.

I too don’t think you can have this CFP without an SEC team - and one-loss SEC Champ Alabama just defeated #1 Georgia!!! And then it is difficult to leave Texas out - it was only the second game of the season, but Texas did soundly beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Texas
FSU will get their #2 QB back before the playoffs start and he looked legitimate

Dogfrog

Except when that conference has won 70% of the NCs since the playoff started…

A crowned champion that didn’t have to beat an SEC team in the playoffs is illegitimate at this point in time
Brilliant. Let’s make all future playoff selections based on their respective conference’s historical record in the playoff.

Last edited:

FrogBall09

Brilliant. Let’s make all future playoff selections based on their respect conference’s historical record in the playoff.
Well when the other 4 conferences manage to beat them 2 years in a row - you can complain

At the moment - they are better than the other 4 combined

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
Whoever is left out will have legitimate arguments and most importantly can very easily have won it all. Whoever is ranked 13th this year would have very little chance of winning the title.

Bigger argument will be who is 4th or 5th with 1st round byes.

12 teams is awesome because it preserves the regular season. 1 loss doesn’t destroy the season (never should have). 2 losses means low seed. 3 is likely out except for teams like Bama/LSU etc.

The Bad Guy

12 teams is awesome because it preserves the regular season. 1 loss doesn’t destroy the season (never should have). 2 losses means low seed. 3 is likely out except for teams like Bama/LSU etc.
Exactly, and a team can progress from Week 1 to becoming an elite team by the end of the season (ie Bama)

Wexahu

There aren’t even close to 12 teams capable of winning a title.

FSU will get their #2 QB back before the playoffs start and he looked legitimate
I think Alabama is a certainty, they are in.

It comes down to Texas or FSU for the final spot. The FSU offense was not good with QB Rodemaker in the Florida game. He was 12-25 for 134 yards. This is his 4th year at FSU and he is not a good starting QB. He didn‘t transfer out to start somewhere - he knows what he is, happy to be a backup and get a few snaps.

Texas is a more complete team because FSU lost their starting QB.

Last edited:

DeuceBoogieNights

Smh

PXL-20231203-170524535.jpg

KTown Frog

However, they break the four down, whoever gets left out there will be some sort of BS statement as to why they got left out. 2014 all over again. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Georgia and Bama in. I don't think they will but to drop the team from number one to essentially number six is unheard of. Then you would be taking a team from number eight to number four. The whole thing is just gonna be a mess.

Latest posts