• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: TCU-SMU game to be played at Cotton Bowl

geno

Maybe the dog just didn't like the food... :biggrin:

I can remember when SMU played all their home games in the Cotton Bowl, and the size of the place swallowed up the meager crowd. The venue has grown since then, and the disparity would be even worse, now.

That's not to say it wouldn't be fun to play there, but like the previous poster pointed out - it's not in the best part of town.

I'd rather face the Ponies on their home turf, where we can rub their noses in it when TCU wins.

Go Frogs!

Older than you, I guess, but I can remember when SMU played all their games in the Cotton Bowl, and it was often a sellout, or near sellout. Of course, they Doak Walker then, or Kyle Rote, or Don Meredity. Long, long ago.

HFrog1999

It used to be an outhouse, now it's just a privy hole.

Opportunistic criminal element lurking all over, inadequate infrastructure. And that's the upside.

So, you're saying that if TCU was Fort Worth's Home team, we'd have a bunch of pick pockets around the stadium?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
http://twitter.com/ChrisLevel/status/25234268641

"TexasTech has sold over 20k tickets for their game vs #Baylor in Dallas on October 9th. The Bears have sold just over 10k at this point"

There's the barometer that its probably a bad idea to play in the Cotton Bowl.

Especially when you consider that same game drew 71K to the DeathStar last year. Their only hope is that alot of people stumble across the ticket office before the game while looking for the fried beer.

Frog DJ

Older than you, I guess, but I can remember when SMU played all their games in the Cotton Bowl, and it was often a sellout, or near sellout. Of course, they Doak Walker then, or Kyle Rote, or Don Meredity. Long, long ago.
I'm a little to young to remember Walker and Rote, but I can just barely recall Meredith as a collegian.

My late Father used to love to point out Dandy Don never beat TCU. Since programs were still split into freshman and varsity squads, Meredith only played against TCU 3 times, tying twice and losing once.

However, I don't recall SMU packing the Cotton Bowl when the Frogs played there during the Meredith era, but I was only 10-12 years old.

Go Frogs!

Latest posts