• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Patterson keeps little TCU engine going

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
img14167673.jpg

By Dennis Dodd
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

Gary Patterson has heard Nick Saban's lobbying. It's time to speak out.

Within the first two weeks of the season, Alabama's coach claimed, "It's the full body of work," that should be considered in the national championship race. You could see Saban working even back in early September. If his team was going to be matched in a horse race for the title with the likes of TCU, pedigree should be considered.

"It's not just that you can beat one team," Saban said, "but if you have to beat seven other [quality] teams. ... I think that goes a long way in saying a lot about what kind of football team that you have."

Alabama finds itself in that horse race as the highest-ranked one-loss team in the BCS standings. At the end of the year, the race might indeed some down to one-loss Alabama and its 13 national championships being judged against the likes of TCU and its purple uniforms.

"I don't care how you do it," Patterson said, "It's hard to be undefeated." ...

frogbyproxy

at a better, bigger job but is completely at home at quaint TCU.
little program that could

Mr. Dodd are you speaking of Notre Dame? It seems if they are winning or losing the media is always talking about them. Oops they do have more students than TCU, what is it 1,163. Give me a break! TCU is better than what the slime media is always saying but we didn't have an automatic bid to BCS because we are not a catholic school. True without CGP at the helm over the years we may not have a record like we have at present but TCU is committed to finding the best and keeping the best. So get ready oh hated sports writers TCU is about to bust the BCS again whether you want it or not.

Go Frogs!

ATXFrog

Dodds has hated on TCU every since that Thursday BYU game.. We destroyed them and instead of talking about the game he decided to rip TCU because we didn't sell out..

Did he show up for Utah last year to eat his crow?? nope.. and he's still pissed that he was wrong about TCU.

TCUFrogs

img14167673.jpg

By Dennis Dodd
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

Gary Patterson has heard Nick Saban's lobbying. It's time to speak out.

Within the first two weeks of the season, Alabama's coach claimed, "It's the full body of work," that should be considered in the national championship race. You could see Saban working even back in early September. If his team was going to be matched in a horse race for the title with the likes of TCU, pedigree should be considered.

"It's not just that you can beat one team," Saban said, "but if you have to beat seven other [quality] teams. ... I think that goes a long way in saying a lot about what kind of football team that you have."

Alabama finds itself in that horse race as the highest-ranked one-loss team in the BCS standings. At the end of the year, the race might indeed some down to one-loss Alabama and its 13 national championships being judged against the likes of TCU and its purple uniforms.

"I don't care how you do it," Patterson said, "It's hard to be undefeated." ...

"1. Gary Patterson: Take him away from the Froggies and TCU is playing for scraps in the WAC"

Is this writer a complete moron or really full of that much arrogance?

Dogfrog

I believe it was last season, Estridge had Dodds on as a guest for the Gary Patterson radio show. Estridge asked Dodds how he felt the rest of the country perceives TCU's football program. He thought for a second for a comparison and came up with "South Florida". Not really a put-down, but not exactly a ringing endorsement either. Many of these college football writers decided how the stars in the college football universe were aligned back in their adolescence. And it's set in stone. Nothing short of national championships ala Miami can ever change that it seems.