• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: LSU transfer Hailey Van Lith says she has not committed to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

LSU transfer Hailey Van Lith says she has not committed to TCU​

By Isabel Gonzalez

gettyimages-2131485574-1-1.jpg

LSU transfer Hailey Van Lith said she has not committed to TCU, despite previous reports declaring that she had done so. However, she told the Associated Press she is "very close" to making a decision.

"I did take a visit to TCU and am very interested in them, but I took visits to other schools and was very interested in them, too," Van Lith told the AP. "I haven't made an official commitment, but I'm very close. The ink has not touched the paper for any school."

Read more at https://www.cbssports.com/womens-co...y-van-lith-says-she-has-not-committed-to-tcu/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Report: LSU Transfer Hailey Van Lith Remains in Transfer Portal, Not Committed to TCU

www.si.com.ico
Sports Illustrated|13 hours ago
LSU women's basketball transfer Hailey Van Lith remains in the NCAA Transfer Portal despite recent reports stating she has committed to TCU, according to her statement to the Associated Press. Last week, it was announced by several outlets that Van Lith had shutdown her recruitment and revealed a commitment to the Horned Frogs.
iu

Hailey Van Lith Denies TCU Transfer Rumor, Says She's 'Very Close' to Portal Decision

bleacherreport.com.ico
Bleacher Report|13 hours ago
Hailey Van Lith might not be bound for TCU after all. The former LSU guard told Doug Feinberg of The Associated Press she is "very close" to a decision
iu

Hailey Van Lith transfer: Former LSU guard denies TCU rumors, has not committed to any school

www.msn.com.ico
Sporting News on MSN.com|16 hours ago
Less than a week ago, it was reported that Hailey Van Lith was headed to TCU after entering the transfer portal following her lone season at LSU. On Tuesday, Van Lith cleared the air on that rumor in an interview with the Associated Press.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Including the FWST article by Steven Johnson announcing her commitment, this is a pretty big screw up. Do writers/reporters not confirm with someone on staff if the announcement doesn't come internally first? One person writes a bad article and it spreads like wildfire across the interwebs. So far no correction from the FWST.

East Coast

Tier 1
Including the FWST article by Steven Johnson announcing her commitment, this is a pretty big screw up. Do writers/reporters not confirm with someone on staff if the announcement doesn't come internally first? One person writes a bad article and it spreads like wildfire across the interwebs. So far no correction from the FWST.
Everyone wants to be first. I never feel comfortable with these reports until you see confirmation from the player or school. That being said, sometimes, even after the player signs they change there mind soon after, and there is still a good chance HVL ends up a frog.

y2kFrog

…or maybe she committed and backed out and is trying to write her own story on the situation.

East Coast

Tier 1
…or maybe she committed and backed out and is trying to write her own story on the situation.
Maybe she verbally said she is coming, BUT

1) She never actually signed (unlike the Cavinder girl who changed her mind later)
2) She never publicly that she had signed
3) TCU never announced she was coming

Sangria Wine

I think that was all handled the way it was in order to garner more coverage and keep both her name and TCU in the media coverage longer.