• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports.com -- Hue Jackson: Andy Dalton has 'tremendous upside'

Pharm Frog

On Thursday, the same day Jay Gruden was announced as the Redskins head coach, the Bengals replaced him with Hue Jackson, promoting the running backs coach to offensive coordinator.
The move was widely applauded, partly because Jackson is familiar with the inner workings of the Bengals offense, but also because many people think he'll get the most out of quarterback Andy Dalton, who has struggled in big games throughout this three-year career. (In fact, we talked about just that on the most recent Eye on Football Podcast, conveniently embedded below.)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24404756/hue-jackson-andy-dalton-has-tremendous-upside

FBallFan123

Comes in talking about being physical and establishing the run game.  I like that.

There's some people that think Gruden wasn't critical enough of Dalton, that he'd let mistakes slide in practice...that Jackson might be more demanding, but that it could help Dalton improve his game.

We'll see.

JugbandFrog

The one thing i didn't like was him going over the tight end they converted to fullback over the natural fullback.  If you want to be physical, you get a guy that can actually be physical in the hole and create running lanes.  

It is very similar to the discussions over the cutting of the A-10s from service.  Too limited in terms of what it can do, but pretty goshdarn awesome at what it does.  

Give me a fullback that is physical and can block.

blueduck313

I still believe Dalton is the real deal. Only been in the league for 3 years. I was told Peyton  lost his first 3 playoff games also.  I don't know how many QB's have won a rose and a super bowl but Andy will do it.

VictoryLap

Hue was really funny on Hard Knocks. It seemed like he would just jaw with all of the defensive players constantly. Seems like a real player's coach. I like this move, because like was said above, he calls it like he sees it. Dalton continues to make mistakes, and while obviously he knows when he makes them, maybe Jackson can get to the why and correct it.