• The KillerFrogs

CBS SPORTS BOWL PREDICITIONS

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Jerry Palm has us playing Arky in the Cotton Bowl.
http://www.cbssports...wls/predictions

I suppose he 's complimenting us as finishing second or third in a conference that puts two teams in BCS bowls -- OU is in Fiesta, and WVU is in Sugar. However, the second or third place finish may be high, as I may be confusing my own preferred pecking order with the official one.

Kaiser

That would be an amazingly successful season. 9-3 is my goal for this team next year. And I want any bowl not named The Insight Bowl.

Mike Brooks

We are getting tons of National Media respect. Big 12 looking like geniuses for bringing WVU and TCU in. Both in every top 15 poll.

Tech to pinstripe? Bwahahahahahah!

HoustonHornedFrog

Jerry Palm has us playing Arky in the Cotton Bowl.
http://www.cbssports...wls/predictions

I suppose he 's complimenting us as finishing second or third in a conference that puts two teams in BCS bowls -- OU is in Fiesta, and WVU is in Sugar. However, the second or third place finish may be high, as I may be confusing my own preferred pecking order with the official one.

You are not confused. It says right in his chart for Cotton Bowl, Big 12 No. 2 v SEC.
Although I'm not sure whether that means the next highest finisher after the BCS bowls pick or just that the Cotton gets their choice of Big 12 teams and selects before any of the non-BCS bowls.

Assuming it goes in order of finish within the conference, interesting how he has the rest of the Big 12 bowl spots playing out after TCU.
Big 12 No. 3 - Kansas State v Utah in the Alamo
Big 12 No. 4 - OkSt v Illinois in the Insight
Big 12 No. 5 - Baylor v. Stanford in the Holiday
Big 12 No. 6 - Texas v Penn State in the Meineke Car Care
Big 12 No. 7 - TT v Pitt in the Pinstripe

Everyone in the Big 12 save Kansas and Iowa State going to a bowl. Huge slap in the face for UT, ending behind Baylor again.

Stiff Arm Frog

Cotton Bowl would be cool. But I haven't given up dreaming of a spot in the MNC game.

As LRBWHCGMFP would say: "That's the goal, every year."

Bob

A lot of folks seem to be happy with pre-season rankings around 14 and now it is finishing 3rd in the Big 12.

The way I see it, TCU will be tied with Oklahoma for the Big 12 title going into the last game of the season. And, it is in Ft. Worth. This team has as much talent as anybody and the best coach to manage it. We were #2 in the nation only 2 years ago. Let's take that next step. It's there for the taking.

Deep Purple

We're all game for the next step. Most of us doubt it's there for the taking -- at least in this first season. I hope we're wrong, but suspect we're not.

cdsfrog

A lot of folks seem to be happy with pre-season rankings around 14 and now it is finishing 3rd in the Big 12.

The way I see it, TCU will be tied with Oklahoma for the Big 12 title going into the last game of the season. And, it is in Ft. Worth. This team has as much talent as anybody and the best coach to manage it. We were #2 in the nation only 2 years ago. Let's take that next step. It's there for the taking.

Maybe, maybe not adjustments will need to be made. Depth is an issue especially on the offensive and defensive lines. Our #2/3s are not as good as OU/UTs and a few others. Our schedule is brutal but sets us up to ease our toe in before plunging in. Our defense is nowhere near where it was in 2010. In fact I think 2010 TCU would have kicked 2011 TCUs [Craig James].

Nothing wrong with being #3 in the Big 12 in our first year. We lost to SMU and Baylor last year; it happened, time to face it. I see serious improvement this year from last but a serious jump in the competition we face too.

rifram09

Maybe, maybe not adjustments will need to be made. Depth is an issue especially on the offensive and defensive lines. Our #2/3s are not as good as OU/UTs and a few others. Our schedule is brutal but sets us up to ease our toe in before plunging in. Our defense is nowhere near where it was in 2010. In fact I think 2010 TCU would have kicked 2011 TCUs [Craig James].

Nothing wrong with being #3 in the Big 12 in our first year. We lost to SMU and Baylor last year; it happened, time to face it. I see serious improvement this year from last but a serious jump in the competition we face too.

I agree with the realistic prediction. But I also see where Bob is coming from.

If we were in the MWC again next year, I'd like our chances against any one of the B12 teams as an OOC game. Point being that I think we CAN beat everybody in the league. But, while I think we CAN beat everyone, I don't think we can beat everyone if we have a bad week. And I don't think we can expect to never have a bad week. (Like when we lost to Utah in 08).

With that said, I think winning the B12 is not out of reach by any stretch of the imagination, it will just take LHCGP stringing together 5 brilliant weeks at the end of the season.

Tom Brown

As much as i'd like to see UT fall that far, I doubt it. Also, Iowa State will probably be better than Tech. K State should be better than OSU, but can the Cats capture lightning in a bottle two years in a row?

jadailyTCU

As a TCU alum living smack-dab in the middle of Pig country, I would personally LOVE this! My favorite team and my now second favorite team in the same game! (No mixed loyalties; I bleed purple and would refrain from going anywhere near anything red for weeks.) Of course a national championship spot would be great, as would a Sugar Bowl against Alabama or LSU, but this would be an awesome consolation prize.

PhillyFrog

The key game IMHO is the Red River Rivalry one.

If Bobby No-Chin can win that one convincingly, then that would allow for us to lose in Austin but still be in position to nose back into the lead by beating OU the next week.

Dodds has the money for the officials on Thanksgiving already in the budget. We ain't winning that one. But the Sooners at the Carter is a doable game.

Go Frogs!